Need help with VTM 1 scripting chapter

okay in this lesson buzz says to right click and then click on text file and name it make.bat and then he gets the little gear thingy in a box for a batch file. however when i do that it remains a text file and so i cannot continue with the lesson because of this. can someone please help me with this? thanks alot.
    Death to the False Emporer

In a folder go "tools --> view folder options" (or something similar) and make it NOT hide extensions for known file types.

thanks alot. that worked like a charm

Glad to help.

one thing i did notice is that when i tried to run the ucc make it kept saying the superclass shockrifle was not found. i removed the correct edit packages like buzz siad but i kept gettting that problem. it works fine if i leave them in there though. i was just curious if you knew why this might happen. thanks again or your help

the mastering unreal site is down for me. is it down for you too?

Are you talking about UnrealScript 101? None of the VTM's have been released for that class yet.
    ~Tom

no i meant that for some reason 3dbuzz.com and masteringunreal.com sometimes fail to load like the site might be down or something. just like now i tried to use the hyperlink from the email notification you recieve upon someone answering your post and the site would not load. so i had to go up to the menu and press the home button and the site loaded just fine. not sure what is going on with it but it just might be my comp that is doing it.

Question

Hmmmm, I dunno. It works fine for me
    ~Tom

yeah it is a strange thing when that happens. it seems to be working fine now but it is not a big deal.