Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I really want to get started!

ok, I've got UT2k3, The sources and WOTgreal. Where should I start with some coding, like make a simple new gametype or so?
    I know what OOP is, and I know the basics of C++, should that make coding easier?

thx!

You can start by getting Unreal Tournament 2003 VTM #4. More advanced coded will be covered in the second scripting VTM. Also check out the tutorials section in www.masteringunreal.com

-SLAYER

does a basic knowledge in c+++ help??

Post Any Programming Knowledge Helps

If you've worked with C/C++ or Java you'll have a solid base of understanding. You'll simply need to learn the scripting components in UNREAL Script.

Jess

and you learn to know where to find all classes and so i guess?

C++ knowledge does help with some of the basic coding and commands like the theories of sorts and loops.

however the hierarchical system the ut2k3 has is very different from the stuff that i have seen in C++. PLus the coding is very different from what most people have seen. the major problem i had in my mini project was the inability to see everything... there are just so many small this that have to be called. so just study code examples and learn everything that you can

jsut change things like weapons firing and ammo at first, then slowly get your hand more dirty

but the ut2003 code pretty much handles most of the work??

UnrealScript Beginner

Hey.
    I have made some tutorials that might be helpful if you want to learn about making gameplay elements of the game... I dont know if the VTM covers these, and if they do, it'll probably be better to learn them here, but if not...
    .. you can check out some tutorials i've written here. But dont do it until you unserstand variables, functions, states, etc.

those are some nice tut's m8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast