Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Camera

Player Camera

I'm making a mod from ut2003 and i'd like to change the players camera angle into a third person view.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

/Simon

look at the BehindView function and check these cool tutorials at: http://gamestudies.cdis.org/~jgiles/

The Max Payne Camera tutorial should give you all the loving you need

Thanks! I've been looking for this info too. If you have any other good sites on UScript, please post them.

-maze

honestly the best site when you are looking for any information about the uscript. Or if you want to share any Uscript information

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki

i have used the site that hocaltar post quite a bit to get my feet wet in unreal script. its tutorials even has pictures if ya need em

Yes, I've been to Unreal Wikki quite a bit. Great site. What I noticed about the one posted above was that the tutorials were well fashioned. By that I mean that the creator showed us what we were gonna do, gave us the concept behind it, did it, then broke down what he just did. It's rare to find tuts that are that complete.

I really like Wikki, but it does some assumptions on what you know and how you learn. I think that eventualy, you have to be able to read code and "get it", but when you're just starting out, you need that extra bit of hand holding until you start to figure it out. I came from a self-taught programming background myself, so I know how hard it is to learn without being taught. Without formal schooling, there are many concepts that are difficult to pick up.

The good thing about the VTMs here are that they teach well, almost as good as schooling

yeah they go through al of the baby steps, they assuming you don't know anythign, which is great...

..but they can also be really long and boring if you allready know most of what they are talking about = )

Yea..I'm completely new to UnrealScript, and even I've watched the first two VTM's, and felt that they were dumbed down. Especially the first one...
    ~Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast