new window thingy...help needed

hi!!
    well...all i am trying to do is to make a button which when i click, it will open a new window, on a precise window size.
    the window contains a movie clip.
    now...i've tried two methods:
    1. i have a quicktime movie, and the script i gave to the button was a simple getURL and a "movie.mov" in the URL section.
    this works fine, except that it is opened in an explorer window but i cant define the size (unless ofcourse, using javascript, which is too much for me...:P)

2. i have converted the mov file to swf...but it doesnt seem to work with the getURL script when i put "movie.swf" on the URL section.

i prefer to use my swf file...because it's smaller. but how do i do this???
    i've done something similar with this, but i use "loadmovie" and the swf movie is inserted inside my main page. but this takes quite a while and i have about 50 movies to link.......hhhhh...

is there a way???

thanx in advance

you should be able to get around to using loadMovie() in anycase if you want to get the movie swf to be imported from withing the player. but what do you mean by this "the swf movie is inserted inside my main page."? Try creating an empty movieclip(MC) and give it an instance name and the call the loadMovie action on that MC. like suppose
    on (rollOver) {
    _root.yourmc.loadMovie("sample.swf");
    }

regards.

yes, well that's exactly what i mean. i have done using loadmovie to open a swf movie within the main page, NOT in a new window.
    what i need now is to open those swf movies in new windows.

ive browsed here and there, the only option is with javascript (duh)
    the only problem is...i really dont understand the language...i just cant get the logics inside my head....:P
    so i was wondering if there'san easier way to do this for me.

oyea, the tutorials ive read only explains how to make ONE popup windows from ONE link. what do i do if i hve about 50 buttons?? i can type the same script over n over again in flash, but what about the script in the html page???
    it's really confusing!

so i'm guessing you've already tried something like this where it opens the swf in a new browser window through the _blank target?

on (release){
    getURL("menu.swf", "_blank");
    }

yes ive tried that also, but it doesnt work, coz i guess i have to type some javascript on the html for that.

(

why would you need javascript in the html for that. as long as the browser has the flash plugin it should open up in a new window just fine with no html required unless you are trying to make the newly open browser window with the swf have a specific look or position if that's what your trying to do.

ive tried. it really didnt work, i just dunno why.

thanx anyway, phrentec

just a bit of information, i finally got to do what i want, a simple link to open a movie in quicktime player/swf player, but not done with flash, instead with director. it's a whole lot faster and easier, only had to get a plugin/xtras called buddy api.
    since im going to make output gor cd, this will work for me. if i ever have to do it in flash, i probably will use load movie...:P

thanx