Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frames?

Question frames?

How can I put a frame into the the page. Or to be more precise how can I make 2 pages look like one (ex. I have a left menu, a right menu, a banner and the page will be between tem)

Can you make a .gif of what you want? You lost me mate. You can probably do it with tables, and that's the method I'd recommend.

Yes I can, but it's not the way I want it. An I can also do it with layers, but I don't want to do it like that. It's to much work at updating links and data in the right and left menus. But I think there's a way to do it. Mibe in php? what do you think.

you mean nav bars? have the nav bar stationary in one frame while the content is shown in another?

like this? only on the side?

you can input a vertical frame and have all links in that frame point to the second frame
    flow as stone, feral

No not like that. And by the way, that way is too EASY. I need some kind of frames which will look just like they were a single page, because when I'll update my data I only want to update it in the left side and the right side.

in dreamweaver just use the framesets wizard, theres not one for the layout you want but theres a few thats close, after you create it you can modify it with another frame to suit you design. If you using dmx click new then framesets.

You can use frames and hide the scrollbars and frame borders so that the entire frameset looks like one page.
    Forget the username, call me Keith

I know that. I used it many times. Check my father's page. (www.sourcelight.ro). It an old version, but the new version is almost ready. I wana do something to make my page updating be easier. Like when I change my links in the left menu to be changed in all my pages which have a left menu, and I don't want two scrollbars. I need this things for another page.
    P.S. please excuse my vocabulary and spelling, in computer terms is hard for me to tell mt thoughts. I onlly know english from school and TV.

don't know if this is still on >

a link to a sample page that you want it to look like would help, otherwise, you're looking at a whole new language that can update pages on the fly ... coldfusion can project data onto html, using a database, but that's as far as i've gone ...

if you do end up getting the answer to this, share it to us
    with a link or an explanation cheers
    "imperfection makes perfection" I. Noguchi

I uploaded a sample of my website in a folder of a website of mine. You can find it at www.gremi.as.ro/clasa9sn.
    Last edited by soleuro; 05-03-2003 at 10:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast