Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightwave support

Hi all,

I was referred to the UT2k3 level editor because (I was told) it supports Lightwave fairly well. I've run through this site but I'm not seeing much in terms of LW discussion. Is this a bad sign?

Is anyone here using LW for their UT2k3 development?

Re: Lightwave support

Originally posted by ChrisBasken
    Hi all,
    I've run through this site but I'm not seeing much in terms of LW discussion. Is this a bad sign?
    No this is not a bad sign, just means that no one is having problems with it

Is anyone here using LW for their UT2k3 development? [/B]
    I do

Re: Re: Lightwave support

No this is not a bad sign, just means that no one is having problems with it
    Well, that's certainly good news.

I do
    Do you find it as easy to import your LW models and animations as the tutorials show it (using 3DSmax)?
    \________________,
    Chris(topher) Basken
    ...add one "delusion of adequacy"...
    (Trying to quid go pro)
    My WIP

LW is very easy to import models
    The editor will import .lwo objects directly, no need to save as a different file.
    The only thing that you have to do is triple the model in LW before you try and import.

Cool! So I assume nothing fancy like subdivs...

What about animation sequences, like walk cycles? Will it import .lws files or something?
    \________________,
    Chris(topher) Basken
    (Trying to quid go pro)
    My WIP

Cool! So I assume nothing fancy like subdivs...
    no fancy stuff.

What about animation sequences, like walk cycles? Will it import .lws files or something?
    Oh so you are talking about a character models!? I thourght you were talking about static meshes for level editing.

hi
    not sure how useful this is but if you check on flay for the 'unreal skl exporter' it looks like it might enable you to export animations from lightwave into unreal .psa/.psk format.

Originally posted by Slay3r
    Oh so you are talking about a character models!? I thourght you were talking about static meshes for level editing.
    Sorry, yeah, I wasn't being specific. I guess I'm just looking to learn what works best for what. The ability to easily bring static meshes in for terrain/rooms is great in and of itself. I'm very comfortable with the LW modeling workflow, so that's cool.

I'd like to eventually play with character models, too, but it looks like that's two different things, as far as importing into UT2003 goes...
    \________________,
    Chris(topher) Basken
    (Trying to quid go pro)
    My WIP

Originally posted by gryff
    hi
    not sure how useful this is but if you check on flay for the 'unreal skl exporter' it looks like it might enable you to export animations from lightwave into unreal .psa/.psk format.
    It was very useful, thanks! Although I should have thought to look to flay on my own...

Fairly cool stuff.
    \________________,
    Chris(topher) Basken
    (Trying to quid go pro)
    My WIP

hello i too use LW for player models and animations
    as of right now this is the only plug in i know of to import and export ut2k3 psk/psa data from lightwave.

it does have one problem that i know of

on you player rig if you set up your ik chains to use the match goal orenation the plug will not record those rotation changes to the bone.

this is a problem with the way LW applies the match goal data to the rig LW appies that info after all plugins kinda of goffy i know but other then that the plugin works great

there has been some talk on different forums that de will be releasing a new ver of that plugin but it has to be done

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~mbristol/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast