Wire Frame Texture

Have just embarked on the change from Max to XSI. I have looked at a few tutes for sub-d modelling in XSI just to get an idea of the workflow. In max I used to have the low poly mesh in wireframe with the luminosity turned up, with the subdivided mesh being a reference clone in the same place. This made adjusting the low poly framework a lot easier. Is there any way to create a wireframe texture in shaded view with XSI? The tutes I have seen put the two meshes beside each other which is a little more awkward.

I know in a week or two I'll look at this post and cringe at how simple the solution is. The change from Max is quite a big one, but ultimately worth it as this appear a good deal more powerful.

The palette icon (at the bottom of the toolbar) displays a panel containing a group of display type icons where:

B = bounding box

W = wireframe

H = hidden line

C = constant

S = shaded

T = textured

D = reset the object to its default display type

Press W then your select your object. Then choose Override Object Properties from the viewport's Display Type drop-down menu.

Thanks a bundle Legoman. Being used to Max I was looking for a solution by way of textures.

oh.... there is a much simpler solution... ever tried the geometry approx mode??

just select a poly mesh and press the "+" button on your num pad...

Unfortunately that method doesn't gives you a choice of subdivision rule.

It's supposed to in the next release.

Salutations - Cheers
    Bernard Lebel

yeah.... but catmull clark is much better anyway...