Thread: Unreal 2

Unreal 2

has anyone bought or played Unreal 2?
    i am thinkin about buying it and want to no what it is like
    thanks

I bought it, and it was good but I got stuck, and with work and school I don't have the time yet to finish it. The graphics on it are very good, and the island at the start is very impressive.

http://www.pcgamereview.com/reviews/...oduct_1973.asp
    http://firingsquad.gamers.com/games/unreal_2_review/
    http://www.gamersdepot.com/games/act...eal2/shot1.htm
    nalhcal.deviantart.com
    "So I said, I must get out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini" - Homer Simpson

i bought it too when it was released and thought it was stunning....graphically there is not a game that can touch it. but one thing to consider...you need a hefty PC to run it at full maxed out detail. i have a rather ageing PC but managed to rub it fine but got stuck on a particular mission. so now i'm waiting, saving money so i get a top of the range kick-bum PC so i can play all these new high-end games including U2
    it's also a short game too.

Have installed it, finished it in 2 days and then uninstalled it after a week or 2. Gorgeous game, but way to short.

When are they going to make single player games (fps) that will at least take you 60 hours or something? And the end was sucky, but you may find that out for yourself.

i don't think they'll ever make an FPS with 60 hours gameplay, it'll get too boring, too repetitive and it will be huge in terms of data. on average FPSs have a gametime of about 25-30 hours if you're slow. i completed Return to Castle Wolfenstein in about 10 hours (it says so on the load/save games) however Deus Ex is a much longer game but that's cos' it's not just an FPS. Max Payne (not an FPS i know) is about 15 hours long and people complained. i think longer gameplay hours are reserved for RPGs.......

Chyronn: Yeah, I think so too.

But how about Halo? Never actually played it. How long is the game?

Anyway, Unreal 2 is great! Buy it and see... thought it does come short, like everyone says. It is up to you if you are after the gfx or the gameplay.

Halo is quite a short game, it could be completed in about 6 hours. But it has to be one of the coolest FPS games that I've played for the last few years. Can't wait for Halo 2!!

Peace, Dave out.

i think that the developers--for fps games at least--should either make a short game, with easy to learn editing tools, or a long game with harder to learn editing toolz, that way u compromise on the time it takes to make the game, and u either have a lot of people replaying it, or a lot of mods.

btw im new here, i also wanted to say hi.

-Daedalus2051

A playable demo for Unreal 2 is in this months PC Gamer Magazine. The monsters in the demo were too easy to kill but the game did look great.

Anyone know how far along the PC port of Halo is going?

well I bought Unreal Tournament 2003 and thought it was the best thing ever so naturally I also bought Unreal 2. I like the game play and it does look really good, but I didn't find the story very "grabbing" It was nice to play for a little while but I still haven't finished it. Been too busy trying to learn how to make levels!

But any true Unreal fan should buy it! Even if it is only to support the makers of Unreal