how do you make a 2 sided plane?

in 3dsmax, how do you make a 2 sided plane? i tried making a box then welding verticies to make it flat, but when i use textures with transparency, i can see through to the texture on the other side. does someone know if i can make a 2 sided plane and will it be impossible to see through to the texture on the other side if there are transparencies

i don't know about max but if i make a plane in ued3.0 i just make a plane and label the surface as 2 sided or make the texture 2 sided

REv

There are a number of ways to achieve this depending on what it is you are trying to do. As far as my experience goes, there is realy no Double-sided polygons in Max -unlike lightwave. You can select a "Double-Sided material" Type in the material browser - next to the Material drop down- that lets you choose materials for the front and back faces or if you are rendering in Max then you can turn on "Force 2-Sided" in the rendering options. However, neither of these options have any effect in UEd, they are specific to working in Max. As the previous post stated, you should set the Sided flag in Surface properties, if this is what you are trying to achieve.

gah i might try welding the vertices of two planes and see what i come up with

place to faces with opposing normals as close together as possible
    that's about all you can do.

I had to do it making a dome.

k i will give it a go thanks

Make a plane and then while having it selected, go to the material editor and check the double sided box.

You can create a 2 sided plane in max if you create a plane then convert it to a editable poly, select the non-normal side using the border tool and press the cap button. I think this should achieve the 2 sided effect without using materials.

just make a cube with a hight/weith/lenght of 1, itll have 2 sides