Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: max<-->UEditor

An answer

well, in case anyone else had this problem, here's a (my) solution: although the texture filled the other requirements (right format (pcx, bmp, or tga), sized to a power of 2 (256x256) and being only 8 bit (256 colours)), the dir structure was too long, apparently. It seems like a pretty big error in UnrealED, but I suppose it's just a truncating problem with one line of code somewhere in there. anyhow, I moved the pcx to root and then all was well. hope this can help someone

talking about import/export

I wrote a little tutorial about how to import BSP into 3dsmax some time ago... if anyone is interested:

http://www.planetunreal.com/lehmi/mi...ial_export.htm

to KinDread: anyway... your should'nt use bmp or PCX as texture format:

http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...threadid=52997

try it!

importing from uned to 3dsmax 4.2

I downloaded the obj plugin,I went to uned and save the female as a .obj file...opened max and imported the .obj file and it came up with some parameters,I just hit ok and nothing happened....what am I doing wrong?

yea I can see the exported ASI in unreal ED. I exported from MAX6 to ASI

BUT I cant ever seem to see it in my levels
    Someone come help me out with this ???

Re: importing from uned to 3dsmax 4.2

Originally posted by konan
    I downloaded the obj plugin,I went to uned and save the female as a .obj file...opened max and imported the .obj file and it came up with some parameters,I just hit ok and nothing happened....what am I doing wrong?
    I keep getting this myself, umm....whats up with this?
    Who needs a photoshopped sig when you are this awsome?

i found that "MyLevel" is not a generic referance to (name it what you want)
    import but when importing import to
    MyLevel this fiexed the problem for me.

If you have a budget for software, you might consider PolyTrans by Okino.com . Costs a fair bit(~$300) but will translate from most 3D programs ....to most any 3D program. It supports Max 6 and Maya 5 for example.

You will be able to load the .obj files into your 3D app no problem.

Cheers!

Re: Texturing in UE

Originally posted by KinDread
    Anyone ever had this problem: when importing a texture into UE (either bmp or pcx), the dialog with package, group, etc shows up, but after that nothing happens, no error message or anything.
    check ur scripting and make sure that u have ur .u file for your package up to date that is all i can say for this

in addtion ne1 know where i can dnld the obj file xporting plugin for unrealed?
    Last edited by copy; 03-12-2004 at 02:38 PM.
    Only a few find there way, some dont recognise it when they do, some don't ever want to.

plugin? When exporting a map select .obj format. Didn't know there was a plugin.

Characters..?

What about characters? Is that even possible to get characters into a 3D editor to edit them if you don't have the source?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast