HitFlameBig emitter problem

Will someone please help me.
    I have an emitter problem. The HitFlameBig that I'm using as a fire source for my lighting (produced by a seperate light actor) extigishes. Not suddenly but more like someone turning off the fuel source.
    I'm playtesting in game not in the editor. The game loads up and approximatly 30 seconds later all the flames go out. This happens no matter if the I push fire button to play or not. Is this a lifespane setting I have to set in HitFlameBig properties.
    The map is zoned into 3 levels. The levels are stacked with smaller rooms off the top and bottom levels that are not seperate zones.
    My computer is a Athlon 1800, 20 gig hd w/8 gig free, 256 meg ddr ram (reported leaking by norton), Nvidia Gforce agp 4 mmx w/64 meg ddr.
    I looks great with the lighting alone but if the fames were burning at the same time it would look fantastic.
    Last edited by xtrans4m; 12-14-2003 at 01:34 PM.

It's an xEmitter actualy. Keep that in mind it can be confusing otherwise.

But you are right, the xemitter you use has a limited lifespan of 10 seconds.

To solve it open the properties of all your flamebig xemitter. Go under advanced and change the "lifespan" to 0. That should be all there is to it. I looked at the other properties and regeneration of the particles is on, so all you need to do is change the lifespan.

cheers.

Thank you Mr SlackPants. I'll give it a try and post back with results.

YES! It was the anwser to an age old riddle. Thanks Mr. Slack Pants.