Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

should I stick with the old one or go with the new one???

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to revamp my website and add a load of new things to it. So, intead of altering my existing site I decided to design a new one.

The problem is that now I've built the template for the new site I've realised I'm not too fussed on the design anymore However, this happens to me quite a lot and might be just because I've looked at the design too much and just got bored of it!

Sooooo, I was wondering if you lot can help me deicde whether the new design is better than the current website, or whether I need to go back to the drawing board and start again!

My old/current site is HERE

The new design is HERE None of the links go anywhere, this is just to see how the site will look!

Please be brutal and honest (I can take it... i think ). Also if you've got any suggestions on what might improve it, that would be great!

Thanks

Scouse

both sites are pretty cool. however you should try adding some flash animations to spice things up. and imo the second design is better then the first one.

I like the second one because it loaded faster, and looks more streamlined. Also, I love the text link over effect, where did you get that because I have been looking for one like it.
    nalhcal.deviantart.com
    "So I said, I must get out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini" - Homer Simpson

I vote for the new one.. I like it better than the "old" one..

the new one loads faster, I liek the eye logo at the top right is nice, and the face thing is really cool as well..
    =)
    ~Chris

I like the second one too. The landscape just seems better than the portrait. The color scheme is also nice.
    Forget the username, call me Keith

i like the new one, its really modern and i prefere the color scheme, it also loads faster and has better graphx

Thanks everyone for you comments and suggestions.

I've decided to stick with the new design, but I'm going to make a few alterations with it until I'm a little bit happier with it. I'll post here when I have made the changes so I can get your opinion again

Lachlan Taylor, I kind of 'borrowed' and made a few changes to the code that was on the site you asked about (regarding the mouseovers) in the lounge. If you want I can send you the code if you still want to use it

I like the new one better. Has better colors i think and it has a futuristic look to it. Go with the new one!

gohanultrassj6: thanks for the comment mate. I really appreciate it!

Right, as you know I'm not happy with my current website, but I wasn't totally happy with the new design either.

So I've been playing around with the design trying various different ideas and i've managed to come up with these three designs, (one is similar to the last design, the other two are quite different).

I know which one I like, but I'd like to see the one that you guys think is the best design to go with. Also, if you don't like a particular design, but like different aspects of a certain design then let me know as that will be helpful as well.

Design 1
    Design 2
    Design 3

btw, the purpose of this website is mainly to try and get some freelance web design work but also I want to use it to display some of my 3D work. Do you think any of these designs are suitable for both these purposes?

Thanks again, I really appreciate any suggestions/comments you might have.

Scouse

I like the last design the best (#3). All of them are really nice! Good job! Did u use tables for the html part or layers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast