Thread: DreamWeaver MX

DreamWeaver MX

You can download a version that'll work until the commercial version comes out in June or July.

It has some support for PHP built in, like syntax highlighting. You can create recordsets to connect to MySQL databases, too. After that, you set up a query and it's drag and drop to display columns.

Check it out if your interested: www.macromedia.com

---John Holmes...

P.S. We need some more traffic in here. I want the PHP and MySQL Training CDs and I have to be active in the forums!!

Hi Sepodati,

Thanks for the information. I'll check it out.

You're right, we need more activity in here. You could be just the guy to jumpstart things around here

Guys, Sepodati is a mod for the PHP and MySQL forums over at Dev Shed There is a ton of information over there regarding web development.

Fully Functional?

Sepodati,

Is the "pre-release" copy fully functional? I don't want to lose any of the features I have available to me with Dreamweaver 4.

As for the syntax highlighting, that's one the features I've been looking forward to, especially for PHP!

I'm amazed at how you can integrate the databases into the program as well!

Thanks for the tip!

...Frank

Syntax Highlighting Editor

If you are just looking for a nice editor with syntax highlighting, check out UltraEdit-32. Great text editor for win or unix formats, multiple plug-ins, and multiple language syntax highlighting.

http://www.ultraedit.com

If you like(d) multi-edit, you'll love this one!

I would suggest you keep your installation of DW4 and install MX on the side just to check it out. The version is fully functional, but will time out in June or July, when the commercial version is released.

There are better text editors, if that's all you want to use. Personnally, though, I like using a graphical editor for my HTML (why waste time), and I like the site-synchronization of Dreamweaver. So why not have it all in one package.

As others have said on Devshed, the PHP integration is nice, and might help out experienced programmers, but it will also help crappy programmers write crappy code...

---John Holmes...