buggy suspension constraint test

hey, heres just a little thing i'm working on at the moment. Am trying to set a buggy rig in maya. So far have done the basic suspension and wheel. What do ya think? Done in maya

movie is 180kb - divX

i had to post it as a text file cos avi isn't suported - i thought it was, my mistake. So just rename .txt to .avi
    Attached Files Attached Files
    showcase Here and Website

and another one in motion, sorry should have zipped these up.

99kb - divX

again rename .txt to .avi

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

the first one looks good, the second one has one flaw, the weel rotates, like the bolts arent tight on the axle (If you get my point)

yeah i don't think the wheel should rotate on that axis, just go up n down, what's the use of supsension otherwise. maybe wiggle just a little bit unless you go for some cartoon effect.

A suspension system will allow the tire to roll, but not to that extream. If it didn't then the car would ride on the edge of the tire if you ran over a sidwalk curb, for example.

thanx for the crits, i've not finsihed it yet, but i'll sort out the problem. cheers

hi, i like the design, but the shock is in the wrong possition, it should be more vertical, hence the wheel is doing all the movement, and not the arm, in the first clip the shock comes apart cos of that, but i do like the movement in the second clip, whats it for?????? Dave

was just trying out some constraints. hopefully will end up making a full buggy but am working on lots of stuff at the same time