View Poll Results: Is it to late to turn back and prevent the war?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's never too late...

23 30.67%
  • It WILL happen...

47 62.67%
  • Not sure

5 6.67%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

War in the Gulf? No turning back?

We have all seen the troops and equipment from various countries massing in the gulf yet only last week the british goverment said there was only a 50% chance of war, this statement came only hours after they announced that they would be shortly calling up army reserves, do you think its too late to turn back now and the war will happen no matter what?
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

They picked a date to go to war months ago.

The funny thing will be if Smiling Tony has a cabinet revolt over it. Technically Saddam has done everything the U.N. asked of him and so they are going to have to try and get him on a technicality to justify the war.

There are already beginning to be a few dissenters which is encouraging.

The sad thing is that there are a lot of people who I deal with who live in the States who think Bush is doing a great job and have think that war is a great idea.

Where will it stop though, Iraq, Korea, a second stab at Somalia?

Sooner or later someone is going to get their ass handed to them and it isnt going to be anyone in the Middle East, Africa or Asia.

I was at college when the first war happened and I still have some pictures of the burning oil fields on my folders. There are some images that people have been too quick to forget.

Let us also not forget who killed the most British troops in the last war.

It may be inevitable but as you can tell I am not happy about it.

It will happen although I would hate to see it happen....this is insane! Bush is MAD! Someone stop this shit before its too late and we all tumble into WW3! I am too young be get a stray nuke infront of my house! STOP THE KILLING!

DOWNLOAD MY FREE PHOTOSHOP TEXT FX VIDEO TRAINING CD HERE

Special Thanks to: 3DWorldmag | Kaydara | Discreet | SideFX | Oregon3d | 3DUniversity | Pixologic • If you like what BuZZ does here then be sure to help support 3dbuzz by visiting our sponsors often to see what they have to offer. They are the ones that help keep the VTM project alive. • Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP • Questions about 3dbuzz.com? READ THE FAQ HERE, you may find your answer. • Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

3DBuzz.com + Trainingvids.com = you + omg so much knowledge cannot be put in words!

I am totally against this war, but unfortunatly I think it is inevitable that it is going to happen. Like cresswga said I think they have had this war planned for a long time. It just a case of convincing the general public that this war is about disarming Saddam and not about money/oil.... yea, right!!

I hate the fact that so many innocent people are going to suffer becuase of this.

The intreresting thing is that if Saddam was doing half the things that Bush is doing, America and the UN would be in there like a shot to whipe him out! (In my opinion)

Ok....I am editing the my post. I get a little excited sometimes. I apologize if I've offended anyone.

Each person is entitled to their own opinions and such...blah, blah, blah.

I just think that people are so fast to criticize the actions of others (or other countries) that seem to be the only one that stand up against some of the crap that is going on in this world. Switzerland wants to stay neutral, as it always has, and sit in their own little corner of the universe. This way it never has to do anything - pretty neat set-up, but someone has to step up to the plate.

Britain seems to be the only other country that really has the nuts to do something also. Hussein has been playing cat and mouse with the world for over 10 years now. So maybe we should wait till he sells some biological weapon to Al Qaeda, then they release it in Germany, Britain, France and the US. Then we should do something about it? By then it will be too late....those weapons will be everywhere. LOL ...even in Switzerland.

But over the course of time, it seems that US has had to step up to the plate to help each and every country that each of you is from. The US is far from perfect, but I think if we hadn't of intervened in WWII, the british would be speaking German, and so would France, Belgium, Poland, etc...

If you look at what Hussein is doing, and what North Korea are doing, you can't honestly say they are playing nicely in the world. Come on now.... and yes, you may say, well who makes it the US's job to change those things? Perhaps we shouldn't. I often think of that. But where does that course of events go?

And one other thing....for all of you who think that somehow, in some miraculous way Iraq is not pursuing weapons of mass destruction, remember that for years North Korea has stated it had no nuclear weapons program....that was until it was face to face with hard evidence collected that it did. Then North Korea admitted to the lie it had been telling. Now they are using the nuclear weapons program as leverage to get what they want...

Anyway, good luck to you all.

kenny
    Last edited by machine; 01-16-2003 at 11:46 AM.

A week ago in the thread "Critter's Back" Buzz had asked to keep the posts in the forums from getting out of control and keep it focused, because we have sponsors and people in the industry watching what’s going on here. I can easily see this getting out of control. It has already started with SwissChris calling Bush a “mad man”. Which I find offensive, it makes it hard for me to come to this site when I see threads that are against the American government. Eventually I think I will have to stop coming here all-together if this persists. I would hope that this place, including the lounge, could be more focussed on 3D rather than politics (there are other political forums out there for you to discuss this). I think that the intention of the lounge was meant to be a light-hearted place people could exchange ideas and news about art.

I think it's pretty certain that this war is going to happen regardless of what the U.N inspectors find (or don't find). Unfortunately, Bush and Blair seem set on going to war regardless. Iraq does have an awful lot of oil, after all.

The Lounge
    This is a room for general discussion on any topic that you desire.
    ------------------
    I am not going to bash SwissChris from calling bush a "mad man" because he has a better view as to what is going on in the US than most people in the US do. Ever been on the outside looking in? Some of the actions that people in Europe may say is not cool, you guys will probably say, "it is the American way". I am not trying to criticize anyone, but it appears that this is on topic according to the lounge description, and I do try and suggest trying to look at what is happening from all angles. It is OK to post your American pride in here, but using it to bash others opinions is not cool.

Originally posted by enygma
    The Lounge
    This is a room for general discussion on any topic that you desire.
    There are several posts by Buzz and the moderaters that you shouldn't discuss every topic. So the precedence is there to support me.

Yes there is, but when you have a thread that someone posts a picture of themselves in a nurse outfit that is supposed to be sexually stimulating in 3D Buzz, then there is a problem. However, someone posting their views on what is going on in the world, and you want the debate or discussion to go someplace else, that is not really fair to the people that treat the lounge like a community where they can post their thoughts about any topic they desire, and will do little to detract sponsors, but can show the inteligence of some of the members on this forum when they read through legitimate debates on a forum, especially when it deals with the current crisis with Iraq.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast