View Poll Results: Does a Open Source MMO Project Interest you ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 76.47%
  • No

1 5.88%
  • Maybe

2 11.76%
  • Whats a MMO ???

1 5.88%

Open Sourced Community MMO Project

With the 3dbuzz MMO project dead now and no further development being possible on it, I'd like to poll everyone here that might be interested in another project, fully open sourced and community sponsored.

Im proposing building an open world mini multiplayer gaming project, this wont be anything huge like today's MMO's..we are keeping this mini remember, and as much a learning project, as a fun project. I want to actually get to the point were we will be releasing weekly builds on Github for the community to download and compile and run, I want all our contributors to be credited, and at the end of this, I want an actual project that is playable, not a bunch of screen shots on a webpage.

If you are interested in any of this please take my poll so I can gather the data to see if this is worth doing or not.

Good Evening,
    I am interested in the development. I would also like to expand on game tools as well.

Regards!

What did you have in mind for game tool ideas ?

So, think of the days of Genesis3D or Jet3D, the game engine was created with a handful of tools to expand it's usage.

well game engine wise im sticking with unity 2019.x, but tooling we will always need custom built things, like utilities to spawn monsters/resources at certain areas in game, as well as tools to help artists put assets in game easier and keep things organized.

Im planning on launching an Indie community website for game devs, using this project as our keystone project to get everyone interested and have something playable for all those interested in seeing how this works.

Unity is good, I prefer UE4. But I am interested.

what does UE4 give you that unity can't ? im curious to know why you prefer one over the other. C# is so much easier to work with then C++ I find, and the royalties are much better with Unity currently.

It's a matter of preference really. Although UE4 programming is in C++ instead of C#. I have been writing C++ programs for years and I am not familiar with C#, of course I can always learn

you have learnt the harder language already, C# is a breeze to learn once you know your fundamentals. I doubt it will take you much time at all, the same can be said about learning Unity, its pretty well developed now, aside from lacking decent networking still for large scale projects..but that's to be expected.