Hybrid View

IM looking to drop php as way to start learning python.

As a programmer i have been dealing in html css javascript and php mostly. My php knowledge isnt the best in the wolrd but I stalled learning a bit because I had enough to get done what i needed to do. While i do spend any little spare time i have learning new thing about php laravel and oop. I am seriously beginning to question if Im not just better off starting to learn pythong as a programming language.

I'm in the same boat as far as knowing just enough php to get by, though I intend to continue my learning. Still, although php is probably not going anywhere anytime soon, it seems like server-side JavaScript is the way forward with software like Node.JS.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

Python is a great general purpose language with many applications. With your website background, you will probably take to Django like a fish to water. But, Python is so much more.
    Dez
    Pipeline Technical Director
    Legend 3D | VFX

Hi there thanks for your response yes you were correct Django is what im working with most of the time. I do realise python is so much more however than a web design / development programming language so its a useful tool to have in your arsenal. The learning curve is a little steeper than php and JavaScript for me though. I ended up taking a udemy course on it