Remember when...

Remember when we had the "most active members" list on the front page? Everyone was dukin' it out for top spot. Create a thread in the lounge, refresh 2 minutes later and you're already on page 2.

Remember when Zak would give one of his famous smack downs when someone was trolling up the forums? Those were so fun to read.

Remember when hundreds of people would flock the IRC channel when a live show was about to go on? ...And fried chicken...

Remember when Buzz and team toured the world and met up with the members? I was a shy, awkward teen then. I regret not going and meeting the guys.

Remember when video tutorials were fun, engaging, and had heart?

Remember when this website gave you a sense of belonging?

Do you remember the respect commanded by Jason "Buzz" Busby, the man responsible for it all?

I remember these things. And I miss these things from time to time. I miss Jason, Zak, Angela, the whole 3DBuzz crew, and all the members of the community. It might sound incredibly silly, but my eyes are a bit misty right now. I grew up with this community through my teens and into my mid 20's. Now I'm in my 30's looking back, not with sadness, but with fondness and nostalgia.

And I'll never forget.

Yes. I remember. Buzz and co. gave me so much.
    My game portfolio: http://gustavdahl.net/

Smile Those were the Good old days

Although I am not a regular visitor, I would visit from time to time.3D Buzz was full of users buzzing around back then. It was one of the very few sites that offered very good training.Yes, I remember my very first Maya tutorial featuring Buzz. Although I was a 3dsMAX user. They were so motivated that made me motivated to learn it too.Now everything is changed, with more 2 min tutorials where everything is available by anyone and everyone with good content or not.
    I miss Jason, Zak, and everyone. I am too in my 30's now. People like them are what made most of us today. Looking back now I too feel sadness and nostalgia.
    Crom Rules : (

I remember when I watched XNA 101 vol 1-3 with Jason and Logan. It was around 2008 I think and I had just bought my 46'' screen that I hooked up my computer to and watched it all from early mornings to late evenings in the summer. I still consider it to be the best tutorial I have ever done. When I think about it I connect it with warmth and I have a feeling that the sun was shining a lot.

Jason and Logan made me love programming. I wonder what Logan is doing today or where he's working? And oh my god that is 10 years ago and it feels like 3-4 years ago.

I remember trying to translate what they were doing in Max and Maya to Blender long before Zak's Blender course.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

Yeah those where the golden days...
    PSN : VenticalLamma (no ps3 at the moment) | Xbox live : Dj Whip It Out | Steam ID : undead_killa

Sgt.Matt Baker: You really get to know a man if you get to watch him die, that moment right before he realizes its over, that moment his face reflects every decision he's ever made, what kind of life he led and if he regrets it

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

I remember calling into the radio show!
    confused by earlier errors
    bailing out