Forest scene (pixel art)

I know that this site is really focused on 3D work, but I'd like to share *something* to try to help boost this community a little. So even though it's not 3D work, I know most of us here are gamers, so here's some pixel art I'm working on for a project I'm working on.

This is a forest scene for a 2D platformer.
    I welcome all feedback and critique, positive or negative. I myself notice dozens of flaws in this, but I want to try to gauge which ones are as bad as I think, and which ones I'm only seeing because I've been staring at this too long. So point out them flaws.

I'm loosely following the restrictions for SNES backgrounds. I'm not actually counting the number of tiles, but I am keeping everything within appropriate tile sizes and trying to keep the number of tiles looking close to what I've seen other SNES games do.

Main character sprite included.
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

I don't see why this site can't have pixel art as well as 3D. There are courses on character design (digital painting) as well as courses on programming and even some math courses.

Over all, I like what you have. There seems to be one spot to the left side of the image where the texture doesn't seem to repeat as well as it does everywhere else. This definitely reminds me of playing games on the NES. Can't wait to see where you go with it.
    3D Animator/Rigger

So I already knew I wasn't going to have much time these last couple weeks, so I decided to make some water instead of starting on the trees.

Here's a sample with a water tile:

And here it is a detail with the water animated:

It uses three frames, but they are offset which makes the animation six frames long.

By the way, while this is a work-in-progress, I would appreciate it if you critiqued the art as if it were a finished product; (barring the obvious placeholder elements of course,) because I'm generally not planning on going back and revising any of this if nobody seems to notice any flaws.
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

My eyes caught two maybe three things.

First, in your second post at the second tree, there seems to be a line or seam underground where the upper ledge meets the lower. It kinda looks like a shadow and Interferes with the tiling.

Second is regarding the steps. Its the only place where the top soil goes "underground". Personally I think it can go either way, have them or not, but keep them constant.

Third is probably just me, but the vertical lines seem to sharp/harsh. It could be the style your after so take that as you wish.