My Journey through Mastering Maya: The Fundamentals

So I decided to go through the Mastering Maya Fundamentals videos again. I have already completed the talented ball section, and I am currently working on the Abduction project. I have not worked in Maya for some time, and I must say that it is refreshing going through these videos and getting back into 3D.

I am working on these as time permits, but with a 2 month old baby girl, I don't really have that much time. I will update this thread as often as I can.

Right now, I am rigging the alien. More specifically I am about to start setting up the blink.

Here is a quick render of what I have done so far:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	progress_0001.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	74770
    3D Animator/Rigger

So I finally finished the rigging of the alien and ship. I'm going to go through the three files, and clean them up before I start the animatics.
    3D Animator/Rigger

Looks great, looking forward to seeing it animated
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Thanks faux. I looked at the render again, and noticed some tessellation issues on the outer ring, but I will fix that later. I just finished setting up the three scene files, and will start the animatics next chance I get. Right now I have a 2 month old to get back too.
    3D Animator/Rigger

So the animatics are done, and I am about to start animating the 3 scenes. I enjoyed the videos on constraints. Buzz and Zak covered a few thing about constraints I didn't know.

I wasn't planning on putting the animatics on YouTube, but if anyone would like to see them I will. Otherwise I will only put the final rendered scenes on YouTube, and of course share the link so everyone can see.
    3D Animator/Rigger

Yeah I remember that being a thorough section on constraints.
    I'm happy to wait to see the final results without the animatics.
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.