Maya the fundamentals

Hey Folks,

A quick question on the Maya the Fundamentals VTMs. What version of Maya were they done on? And will they still be applicable to the latest version of Maya? Obviously I expect some differences but will the core of the VTM still be good to follow with the latest version of Maya?
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed nor numbered!" :- No. 6.

They used Maya 6.5PLE. I don't know the latest version of Maya to answer the rest.

Ok thanks. I just re-watched the User Interface part and it is very similar and applicable. I'm nearly done with the talented ball and I've been able to follow with no real issues so far.

It does look like the hyper shade has changed beyond recognition. Also it appears rigging has changed as well.
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed nor numbered!" :- No. 6.

Apart from the menus being moved about and some tools getting renamed/replaced you should find it fairly easy to follow along in any newer version of Maya.
    If you do get stuck just pop back here and ask away
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.