Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    030 Stub Photon

Yikes. A few issues to sort through here.
    Question: do I go with v4 of Photon or do I used 3-4-30 and upgrade it later like Nelson did? I took the easy way out and stayed with v3 of Photon. This means I don't have to post all the edits to get Photon to work at all - it's even broken in this video creating the peer class, so i just looked like a pain. Besides we can upgrade later ... right!?

Also I ran into an unexpected issue with Slow Cheetah. It installed as an extension just fine but when I did a transform it told me it was out of date and it would refuse to use the transform files in a build. It gave a link to a discussion about the problem.

The link took me to a webpage telling me I had to use a latest version of Slow Cheetah in VS2017 and gave me a link to how to install it as a NuGet package. Thing is, we don't want a NuGet install, we want an extension installed otherwise you can't right click to create the transform. And the other thing is, we already have the latest version of Slow Cheetah v2.5.48. You don't want to follow their uninstall procedure either as it involves extensive edits of csproj files.

So a bit a bind here - either install it as a NuGet package and not have a right-click menu to use it, OR installed it as an extension and have it tell me it was out of date and won't run.

The solution, or rather the workaround, is to install both the extension and the NuGet package. You might laugh but my defence is that it works

** Edit. An update of Visual Studio actually installed Slow Cheetah by itself and when I asked it to do a transform it said it should install the NuGet package. After clicking ok it all worked. No need to install the extension at all.

Video done and we move on.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 06-20-2017 at 08:12 AM.

031 Deploy Photon - Intro to MSDeploy

This one was difficult because MSDeploy was already installed on my computer probably from IIS but maybe from Visual Studio. Dunno.
    Anyway, it didn't have the two extra features enabled - IIS Deployment Handler or Remote Agent Service.

This problem had been discussed in the forums already:
    https://www.3dbuzz.com/forum/threads...ght=Deploy+3.6

Since the application was installed, it appeared in Control Panel | All Control Panel Items | Programs and Features.
    So right clicking "Microsoft Web Deploy 3.6" and selecting "change" allowed me to install extra features. However only the Remote Agent Service was there. No sign of IIS Deployment Handler, because my PC is not a server. Installing it on Windows 2012 server and the option is there. So it all boils down to a smart installer not offering to install a feature it cannot use.

I mention all this at length knowing it's already been discussed in the forums, but since I am doing a sort of blog video by video, it seemed necessary to go over it again.

The other weird scenario is with the debug-nelson config vs debug vs release.
    In the project's build properties, only debug-nelson builds to your local copy of photon. The others build to the build\debug and build\release folders by default. So when doing the commandline msbuild you do need either the debug or prod Env variable in the command line to get any output since the bin\Debug-Nelson folders should be empty unless you compiled it before setting the build path.

I hope that made sense.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 03-31-2017 at 11:32 PM.

032 Deploy Website

Strictly speaking there were no problems doing this video because all the errors I got were the same ones Nelson saw.
    MSDeploy is a fine example of why I don't do so well in Linux. Long command lines with strict syntax are no fun at all.

But now the BuzzMMOBuild.proj file is done we are nearly ready to deal with the all new improved TeamCity. Almost.

033 Deploy Remotely

I had forgotten how frustrating this video was.

If you happen to need the C++ Redistributable package for VS2017, then you will have a lot of trouble locating it.
    Here is a link: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads
    Go right to the bottom and expand the "Other Tools and Frameworks"

Another thing that drove me mad until I calmed down and thought about it, was when creating a deploytoken to upload the client or launcher to your new mmo.3dbuzz.sta website, make sure you create the token based on your workstation's ip address, and not the ip address of the staging server. I was so annoyed that I missed that for an hour.

034 Intro to TeamCity

For some reason I enjoy doing the Team City vids.
    I've mentioned this before but I will again - I did install Visual Studio 2017 on my Continuous Integration server which is running Windows Server 2012 R2. Nelson didn't but then again he was using the Professional Edition of VS and that costs money. Community VS2017 is free and so it made life a lot easier.
    I also made sure that Web Deploy 3.6 was installed and that the Visual C++ Redist 2017 packages were installed.

Then, I ran my ancient copy of Team City. Much to my surprise it offered to upgrage to V10.05 and did so completely successfully. It goes through all of the config steps just like a new install, so I don't feel like a complete cheat.

Because I have VS2017 installed I was able to configure the MSBuild Build Step to use "Microsoft Build Tools 2017" and to use v15.0 of the ToolsVersion. After all the frustration of the previous video it was satisfying to see it grab my project from BitBucket and build it successfully. Believe me, using VS2017 on the CI server is painfree compared to what Nelson went through on the video.

035 TeamCity - Photon

No problems getting Photon to work on my production server via a Team City deployment. Remember, I'm using Photon v3-4-30, not v4.
    My Photon server is Windows Server 2012 R2 running as a member server, no IIS, nuffin. Because I am using LAN redirects, it's as simple as can be. There isn't even stuff in the C:\Windows\System32\InetSrv folder to worry about.
    My environment variable in TeamCity for PhotonDeployFolder is in fact a unc connection "\\gameserver1\photon\photon-3-4-30\deploy". Photon and TeamCity handle a Windows Domain really well.

036 TeamCity - ASP.NET

This one went smoothly as well. I installed the VS2017 C++ Redist packages on my Web server and upgraded my Web Deploy to v3.6.
    Then I backed up my old MySQL database and stopped the server. Then ran the newest MySQL installer which happily did an upgrade. I then totally deleted my old database for the MMO project so it could be rebuilt for me automatically. All went without a hitch. As usual if you have done it before it's likely to be easy.

Then I updated my BuzzMMOBuild.proj file to reflect the production domain, and finally the Parameters.Production.config file to point to my server.domain name, and the new database name.

After deleting the entire website folders structure except for the Uploads folder, I did a deploy with TeamCity and it worked! I could log on and was able to add a few posts, tags and other things.

Once again I enjoyed this one. I am sorry if you had trouble with it, but networking is my one area of competence

I have separate computers for my Photon server, web server and TeamCity server. The database sits on my web server. I did this mainly to prove all this stuff could be split over multiple computers rather than just the one that Nelson uses. It all works beautifully.

037 TeamCity - Launcher and Client

Worked like a charm. Just remember, the DeployToken is for the computer where TeamCity is located. If that's on the same computer as the website, then it's okay to use 127.0.0.1.

In my case, my teamcity computer is on 10.0.0.6, so that's the DeployToken I created for distributing clients and launchers and the token I used in TeamCity Parameter called env.DeployToken.

That's the end of the TeamCity videos. Pity, I'd love to spend more time exploring it. Fortunately the upgrade from v8 that Nelson used to the currently available v10 was trivial. (Oh yes, when it pops up and offers to update Java, do allow it. I should have mentioned that earlier....)

038 Launcher - Self Update

The self-updating launcher worked well. No real problems with this video.
    Somehow I managed to get several versions of the NewtonSoft.Json package in my solution. Not sure how that happened - it was possibly because by default dependant packages are installed to their lowest supported version and not the latest.

In Visual Studio, at least for me, it's occasionally worth checking Tools | Nuget Package Manager | Manage Nuget Packages for Solution.
    The list of packages for each project can be easily checked for their versions on one screen. Very handy. I've seen database stuff not work because the version of MySql.Data was different between projects.

039 Launcher - Databinding
    040 Launcher - Main UI

No problems at all with these short videos.

041 Launcher - Finalization

End of chapter 10. No problems with this video.
    We now have a website, a self-updating launcher and self-updating client. And don't forget we (or I unless you've added in the SimpleBlog stuff) now have a blog on the website too!

CHAPTER 11
    043 Component Map - Part 1

No problems with this video. NUnit and FluentAssertions have received a lot of updates. They both have major version number upgrades. Both seem to work ok so far.

044 Component Map - Part 2
    045 Component Map - Part 3
    046 Component Map - Part 4
    047 Component Map - Part 5
    048 Component Map - Part 6
    049 Component Map - Part 7
    050 Component Map - Finishing Up
    051 Simple Binary Serializer - Part 1
    052 Simple Binary Serializer - Part 2
    053 Simple Binary Serializer - Part 3
    054 Type Registry
    055 Server Systems Stub
    056 Server Systems Implementation Part 1
    057 Server Systems Implementation Part 2
    058 Server Systems Implementation Part 3
    059 Bug Fixes
    060 Client Stub
    061 Client Console
    062 Client Implementation
    063 Testing Implementation
    064 Unity Implementation
    065 Deployment
    066 Unity Configuration Part 1

No problems with these videos. Hey, if there was something worthy of comment, I'd say so. It was just typing stuff for these videos and importing the odd NuGet package which all worked at the latest versions. It's quite satisfying that 4 year old code basically still works in the latest versions!

A bit of a tip. We add the Castle.core and Autofac package to a few new projects in these vids. I suggest you add them from the Visual Studio "Tools | NuGet Package Manager | Manage NuGet Packages for Solution" menu so you can more easily keep the release versions consistent between projects. Having different versions of NuGet packages scattered around different projects is a potential bug which might be hard to track down.

By the way, I am using Unity 5.5.2f1
    Last edited by oldngrey; 04-17-2017 at 03:55 AM.

Spark is one of the one of the car brands from the United States. This is one of the most popular cars in many countries in the world. In addition to being voted the most expensive five-year car by the KBB magazine, Spark is honored to receive more than 30 other global awards for dynamic urban design, modern interiors and Superior safety .... And is popular in more than 140 countries.

General Motors is a US car company with a history of over 100 years, dating back to 1911. It is one of the top automakers in the world's top sales. In the past, American automakers have not focused on the market in Vietnam and Southeast Asia, so leaving the market for small cars City Car for Kia Morning and Hyundai i10 Grand is a pity for you. The leader of GM. Starting in 2015, Chevrolet hopes to regain its market share in the past two years.
    This is one of the most popular cars in the line of cheap cars due to fuel consumption of only 5.1 lit / 100km, the strength of the frame near the dominant, 1.2L engine 4 powerful machines. This is also the car was chosen to buy business Uber Taxi, Grab Taxi ...
    Chevrolet Spark version of his robot
    Picture Chevrolet Spark Robot in Transformers movie popular
    You can completely buy this great car at a very low cost through installment payments. Only about 20% of the car value, estimated at about 70 million in cash, is the purchase of a car. Interest rates are based on medium-term interest rates of banks, now many banks have preferential interest rates from more than 0.6% a month, that is with 100 million debt you lose more than 600 thousand interest a month.
    So just spend between 120 million to 150 million that you can own a new Chevrolet Spark 2016
    Multiple:
    + In Hanoi: car money from 70 million + registration costs nearly 70 million more => total = 140 million cars
    + In other provinces: car money from 70 million + registration costs nearly 40 million more => total = 110 million cars
    Suppose: A minimum amount of money spent on buying Chevrolet Spark is as follows
    ???? Up to 80% of the loan amount is 20% = 339 × 20% = 68 million
    ???? The amount you owe = 339 - 68 = 271 million
    ???? Monthly interest payable = 271 x 0.65% = 1.7 million
    ???? Principal pay for 7 years = 271: 84 months = 3.2 million
    ? So the total amount of principal and interest monthly when you spend the minimum amount is 1.7 + 3.2 = 4.9 million

Video: Chevrolet Spark real estate photos
    For vehicles to roll, you will lose additional registration costs, registration, road toll, registration tax .... This cost falls to about 40 million for the provinces and about 70 million for the people in the Hanoi area according to government regulations for the car line.

With a price range of over $ 300 million for a famous five-seat GM car, invite friends and car to find out what the Chevrolet Spark has something attractive that customers love. Like that.

EXTERIOR

The Chevrolet Spark has a bold American look with its wide body embossed lines along the front and front of the car that form a strong, harmonious and harmonious mass. Target customers who love form, love the youth, breaking the way; Chevrolet equips its car with an impressive exterior: large grille, chromed fog lamp, halogen headlamps, slider headlamps, integrated rearview mirror. And plenty of other equipment along with a size designed for optimum travel in the city, this is one of the great options with over $ 300 million available to customers.
    FURNITURE
    Although in the small car segment, the interior space of the Chevrolet Spark is quite spacious thanks to its neat layout design, plus the larger and taller dimensions of the car are slightly better than the same car. segment. With the Chevrolet Spark 1.0 LT version, the car is equipped with high quality leather seats with car interior to create a harmonious space in color. This version is equipped with a solid 3-spoke steering wheel, 5-speed gearbox with gearshift is designed quite at the user's fingertips.

If anyone has been in front of the steering wheel of the car will not be surprised with the tablo of the car is very harmonious and reasonable layout with the highlight is the clocks are designed in the style of the sports car stool Large blocks perfectly match the outline of the exterior of the car. The tablo media area is well organized with controls in the most convenient position for the user.
    CONVENIENT
    Along with being luxuriously furnished, you will be amazed to learn that even with just over $ 300 million, Spark is equipped with a number of amenities including remote control keys, High-end CD / MP3 / AM-FM radio, 6-way adjustable driver seat, 2-way air conditioner,
    Especially, your arcs will be fun and light

I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.
    * hotmail sign up
    * Street view

I have that same problem too!

Hi OldnGrey,

are you just keeping a log of trials & tribulations of the MVC / MMO videos, or any other purpose? I will definitely come check this thread out again as I catch up - i'm working the MVC ones again presently... almost done with data chapter. So for that, thank you!

Yes it is good

I'm doing this for 3 reasons:
    1. To make sure Visual Studio 2017 and .net 4.6.1 works. (Yeah, .net 4.7 was just released, but oh well.....). Also to keep track of any upgrade issues with the NuGet packages.
    2. To get the SimpleBlog code into the MMO project including all the attack fixes and the blog stuff
    3. To keep the MMO project alive in case we can actually finish chapter 12 and walk around and see each other.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 04-12-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234