Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The future of BuzzMMO

I have seen a post that claimed Nelson is leaving BuzzMMO soon but I've not seen any official post to substantiate that.
    Has Nelson already left?

So my obvious question is - are there any more videos coming out? At the very least I'd like to see that chapter completed to the point of the playtest last year where we entered a simple map and could see other players.

Leaving the project where it is right now sees an incomplete upgrade to Photon v4 and a feeling of dread to compound the awful news about Jason.

im curious how many people are subscribed for the MMO course ??? can I get a raise of hands for this.

Just wondering what the numbers look like after all these years of the project being worked on.
    Current Dev machine: Intel Core i7 3930K Asus P9X79 Pro, 64 gb DDR3, EVGA GTX 590 3gb, Corsair 750 W PSU, ThermoCool Armor Case, 3x Asus 27" LED's, Kingston HyperX 120 gb SSD x2 0,1 Raid ... I like to go fast

Dev Laptop: Macbook Pro 15'' 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 16GB, 512GB ssd, Nvidia Geforce GT 750m 2GB

Good Bad, don't matter, im the man with the gun.
    Check out my current Shadowrun/Cyberpunk MMO project at coming soon (

I am and paid the yearly Membership. If the MMO is dead... well I know I won't be resubscribing next year.

I'm paying yearly membership for the MMO content. If it's finished, i'll reconsider yearly payment.

I will be sad if this is over. I too subscribed to the yearly option because of the news that this course was finaly getting some full time development. I hope we can get some clarity. If it does end I might put some time into wrapping up the upgrade process and publishing it so that people wont be blocked. I am a software engineer by trade.

I have been in the class from the beginning and gone through the coarse videos many many times due too my lack of skills and have learned so much about how you build a project that looks professional. I admit that I do not know what a professional project would or should look like I have seen and done many learning projects that only focus on the one part not all the parts the MMO class has shown how to connect many projects into one from website to database, sourcecode management, Server and Client with RPC, NUnit testing.

Now I admit that I am stuck once again and going through the videos from the start of the RPC section and yes Nelson does go fast big deal I just stop the video rewind until I get it right.

Oh least I forget what I learned form the sections on creating a massive terrain thanks to those videos I was able to make the world I wanted using a grey scale image from real world data and I learned how to make my own tools.

I do hope that this can be done at least to the point that we can have a working client with the world objects and can have many clients connect to the server.
    The only way to fail is to give up or die...

If I was a betting man, I'd put down good money on this just being forgotten and 3dbuzz fading away as Jason's health spirals downward and Nelson moves on to something else.

is their enough of the code created to update to the latest version of photon and have clients connect to it..or will you have to redesign the server entirely???

To upgrade. It should just be updating the peer classes to use the new photon system. If you recall we created a bastardization class that "inherited" from 2 different classes. IIRC this was to make the region servers act as both a server and client depending on who it is connecting to. In photon 4.x they changed how server 2 server communication works and allow for a lot of this behavior inherently. It should not be hard to sit down with the new API and migrate our system over to the new base system.

I posted this a week ago.
    The lack of response by 3dBuzz staff here on this forum leads me to conclude that they:
    a) either don't read the forums
    or
    b) aren't prepared to make an official statement

Don't conclude that I am trying to make a big deal out of this, but is there ANY reason to think I might be too pessimistic about the future of the project?

I care about the staff and the aims of the site.

am385: getting v4 photon to work is not a huge issue. Christian Richards (CJR Gaming) did a conversion over a month ago.
    But I cannot begin to guess what's yet to be done with server to server to client communication for starting, stopping and managing a new game. After that I assumed Nelson was going to set up a basic game loop that started to synchronise player movements. ie the end of the chapter as advertised last year.
    I am not competent to continue this development on my own. It would be a massive shame to just cut this off as it stands. It had so much to offer.

I'm still subscribed. I hope were not forgotten though. But I do understand the current hiatus considering whats been going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast