Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I became a Member Sponsor back when the MMO class started - solely because of the MMO class. I was a monthly subscriber for several years, even when the class went dormant for a long period. I finally figured it was dead and cancelled my sub - that was the month Nelson returned with the new Chapter 10 videos. So I re-subbed, and last year I paid for an annual subscription so I could actually download the videos for posterity and later review.

Now, I have set my annual subscription to non-renew as the project appears to be going dormant again.

I have learned a lot from these videos, but there is one major problem, at least for me. It's hard to put into words, but here's an example: the Auto-updater chapter is very useful and very powerful. But it's based on so many different dependencies that trying to follow through the code now with a later version of Visual Studio is nearly impossible. I would rather see how to make such a system in vanilla c#, rather than having all the dependencies that change constantly, making the project unusable a year or two down the road. I find myself struggling with making things work with a new dependency update, hoping that it won't break something else later in the series, rather than understanding the reasoning behind what Nelson is doing and why that is or isn't the best way to do it. It may be just me, but that's my biggest frustration with the project.

So, in answer to one of the questions earlier in the thread: I was a MS subscriber solely for this class, and if it's dead, my sub is dead.

An official announcement has been made

Thanks BigSwopa.
    At least we now have a little more idea.
    The lack of information about the MMO project in the past few months has been taking its toll.
    I know, I know, it's been repeatedly said here that forums are diminishing in relevance - but it's all we had.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 09-18-2016 at 07:49 PM.

It will be the end of an epoch that 3dbuzz set the benchmark for. The digital training that is now common place i still measure against 3dbuzz. It's a pity that it has dwindled here. c'est la vie.
    When in Rome, don't laugh at the Romans

Ok, but who's BigSwopa (who has only 4 posts) and how did they get this information and are allowed to publish it before an "Official" statement is made? And it goes uncontested?

Just Curious. (yeah, sorry, I question things...I'm not intending to be offensive.)

I've been a member sponsor for many years. The last 7 years with this nick name, the years before with another. I was just a lurker in the forums. Not that this matter, but since you asked I am happy to answer.
    I've written Angela an email and got an open response which I appreciate. Nobody told me that this was confidential information I should keep to myself. So, since people are asking about the future of 3DBuzz and I have information to contribute I decided to reply. An official statement is overdue anyway.
    Maybe you just send Angela an email and ask for yourself. I don't see a reason why she wouldn't give you the same response she gave me.

I appreciate your response. I was just curious. Obviously anyone can start an account and say anything and I've been around for 13 years and didn't recognize who you were. I would agree that since the information was released on request, it should be posted in some official format as it's obviously not a secret then. The longer the silence the more damage control later I would think. (my opinion)

I would hope this also includes past Member Sponsor's as I also way back when this first started subscribed for nearly 2 years before bailing at the lack of open communication with us, as well as months and months of nothing being done on the mmo..but the faint promises of 'oh were working on something' kept being posted in the forums. This better not be for only current sponsor's.
    Last edited by alptraum360; 09-19-2016 at 08:36 PM.

I was able to make the world I wanted using a grey scale image from real world data

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12