Request: Upgrade to Photon 4

I guess this is for Nelson,

We are in the midst of doing the server to server bi-directional work. I was thinking that this would be the perfect time to upgrade to Photon 4 as the breaking changes in Photon 4 are around the peer classes.

Upgrade guide talking about the breaking changes: http://doc.photonengine.com/en/onpre.../upgrade-guide

There are a few new features but since we are just using it for concurrency and a transport those are not as important. This just seems like the opportune time to upgrade so we won't have to refactor this as much later.

I am happy this has finally happening in the new video.

There is an upgrade guide on the photon website that explicitly calls out the who PeerBase issues you were hitting.

http://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/on.../upgrade-guide

Just watched the video and it appears you found the Upgrade Guide. That's good. It appears that the Region Server should not be connecting to the Master as an MMOPeerBase which inherits from ClientPeer. Should be the InboundS2SBase that is opposite of the OutboundS2SBase that we made.

Also, another side note. You can absolutely debug services. You just need to run VS as an admin and connect to the correct instance of PhotonSocketServer still. It works on my box all the time. I ended up putting a sleep statement in so that I could attach easily in time. Also you can attach to both the master and region at the same time.

am385
    until nelson come up with the next video that finally solves the whole photon problem, can you share your code with all of us? right now, like nelson, my log throws exception and non of the region servers connect to master server and i won't get the logs from them on master server, obviously, when i try to disconnect master server i get null point exception on mmo peer base because the region server list is empty, also when i tried to make a game and start it, again, obviously server list is empty and another exception is being thrown at my face, it would be nice if you can help up by sharing what is needed to be fixed and where
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

I have yet to create a fix for this as I have a 10 day old son at the moment. I did make a simple Server To Server application to test connecting to another server as a server and communicating back and forth. Sorry I can't be more helpful yet.

thanks sir
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

I ended up putting a sleep statement in so that I could attach easily in time. Also you can attach to both the master and region at the same time.