Team City Deploy Photon Servers

Ok new issue my Projects are coded on my Laptop which is x64 and the server is x86 so when I run the Deploy Photon Servers build in Team City, I get the following error.

msdeploy.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.

Can I change this in my codebase?
    The only way to fail is to give up or die...

msdeploy.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.

Can I change this in my codebase?

Well again I am at a loss on fixing this issue as it makes no sense as the project is set to build to Any CPU, I did try and change the build to x86 but that did not change anything either.
    Here is the Error from the log.

[17:22:59]Step 1/1: MSBuild (9s)
    [17:23:00][Step 1/1] Starting: C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\plugins\dotnetPlugin\bin\Je tBrains.BuildServer.MsBuildBootstrap.exe /workdir:C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\33eb5a2ff52a7c 0f /msbuildPath:C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4. 0.30319\MSBuild.exe
    [17:23:00][Step 1/1] in directory: C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\33eb5a2ff52a7c0f
    [17:23:02][Step 1/1] src\MMOFrameworkBuild.proj.teamcity: Build target: DeployPhoton (6s)
    [17:23:02][src\MMOFrameworkBuild.proj.teamcity] BuildSolution (6s)
    [17:23:08][src\MMOFrameworkBuild.proj.teamcity] DeployPhoton
    [17:23:08][DeployPhoton] Exec
    [17:23:08][Exec] ..\lib\msdeploy\msdeploy.exe -verb:sync -source:contentpath='C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\33 eb5a2ff52a7c0f\src\MMOFramework.Server.Master\bin\ Release' -dest:contentpath='C:\Software\Photon-4-0-29\deploy\MMOFramework.Server.Master\bin' -skip:directory=\\Cache$
    [17:23:09][Exec] This version of C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\33eb5a2ff52a7c0f\lib\m sdeploy\msdeploy.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.
    [17:23:09][Exec] C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\33eb5a2ff52a7c0f\src\M MOFrameworkBuild.proj(50, 5): error MSB3073: The command "..\lib\msdeploy\msdeploy.exe -verb:sync -source:contentpath='C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\33 eb5a2ff52a7c0f\src\MMOFramework.Server.Master\bin\ Release' -dest:contentpath='C:\Software\Photon-4-0-29\deploy\MMOFramework.Server.Master\bin' -skip:directory=\\Cache$" exited with code 216.
    [17:23:09][Step 1/1] Process exited with code 1
    [17:23:09][Step 1/1] MSBuild output
    [17:23:09][Step 1/1] Step MSBuild failed
    [17:23:09]Publishing internal artifacts
    [17:23:09]Build finished

You might be looking for the problem in the wrong area.

You could have an incompatible version of msdeploy on your teamcity computer.
    I think a new version of MSDeploy was released along with Windows 10. From memory, Nelson's video had you install an older version. I installed v3.6 and had no problems.

FYI and slightly unrelated: In the TeamCity videos Nelson mentions many times that he would not have problems if he installed Visual Studio on the TeamCity computer. When he did that he was using VS2012 Professional or Enterprise (from memory) which cost big money. In fact when the Community Edition of VS came out and it supported Resharper, I decided I would have 2 copies of VS - one on my dev pc and one on the TC pc. Why install tons of extra support software when VS Community edition is totally free and much easier to update than all the individual packages. You have to have 2 copies of Unity anyway, so this is no different. As a bonus you get to use "Microsoft Build Tools 2015" in the TeamCity build step instead of Using .net Framework 4.5.

Anyway good luck.
    People really struggle that whole series of videos using msbuild and msdeploy because of the massive range of errors that can be a pain to track down. I did them all Nelson's way the first time through using VS2012. When I started using VS2013 and then 2015 Community Editions I installed VS on the TC computer and found it was so much easier to get working and maintain.
    I am using Windows 10 on my dev PC and Server 2012 on the tc pc.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 04-23-2016 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldngrey View Post
    You might be looking for the problem in the wrong area.

You could have an incompatible version of msdeploy on your teamcity computer.
    I think a new version of MSDeploy was released along with Windows 10. From memory, Nelson's video had you install an older version. I installed v3.6 and had no problems.

FYI and slightly unrelated: In the TeamCity videos Nelson mentions many times that he would not have problems if he installed Visual Studio on the TeamCity computer. When he did that he was using VS2012 Professional or Enterprise (from memory) which cost big money. In fact when the Community Edition of VS came out and it supported Resharper, I decided I would have 2 copies of VS - one on my dev pc and one on the TC pc. Why install tons of extra support software when VS Community edition is totally free and much easier to update than all the individual packages. You have to have 2 copies of Unity anyway, so this is no different. As a bonus you get to use "Microsoft Build Tools 2015" in the TeamCity build step instead of Using .net Framework 4.5.

Anyway good luck.
    People really struggle that whole series of videos using msbuild and msdeploy because of the massive range of errors that can be a pain to track down. I did them all Nelson's way the first time through using VS2012. When I started using VS2013 and then 2015 Community Editions I installed VS on the TC computer and found it was so much easier to get working and maintain.
    I am using Windows 10 on my dev PC and Server 2012 on the tc pc.
    Again you are a Masterful second pair of eyes, what I did was on the x86 Server, copy the webdeploy files then made a msdeploy_x86 folder in my lib folder on my Dev Box and reference that in my build proj.
    Now I get a success in TC Deploy Photon Servers.

Thankyou again