View Poll Results: What is the future chapter feature you are interested in?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Character / Camera motor/animation system

4 25.00%
  • terrain system

5 31.25%
  • inventory system

3 18.75%
  • Dialogue / Quest system

3 18.75%
  • Game Save / Load system

3 18.75%
  • Base character stats

3 18.75%
  • Skill system / perk tree

5 31.25%
  • fighting mechanics (Magic / Melee)

4 25.00%
  • Looting system

4 25.00%
  • Enemy / NPC AI (Artificial Intelligence)

8 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

the Mixamo animations are outstanding.

Yeah, the Mixamo animations are outstanding. I was a mixamo subscriber long before they went over to Adobe. It will be interesting to see what Adobe's long term plan is.

Hi every one.
    I know that the first days i started the series i said that i won't care about donations, but honestly, life in my country is really hard and i have to work full time on two jobs just to keep up with expenses. that is why i thought about donation. now here is the thing, I live in Iran and because of sanctions, normally i wouldn't have access to online money. well, guess what, i just found about bitcoin. that is why i am asking this, is there anyone who would like to donate money for my series? that would certainly help me free up some time for more and more videos as we go forward. the least i would be able to do is that is people donate 100 dollar i would be able to record at least a video or two per week.
    I am not expecting this much to happen, although 10 people donating 10$ is no big deal but still, I want to know if there is anyone out there interested in donation so that I setup bitcoin system for the donation
    thanks
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Hi Alireza,

1. Could you add an image or a short clip regarding the current progress?
    2. I feel a bit reluctant to pay with bitcoin. Any other solutions?

Hi
    1- for time being, there is no real progress, i barely have time to sit behind PC and have to work both in my medical office and for another company to make my income balance with expenses.
    2- unfortunately, for me bit coin is the only option. for paypal i would need to bind it to a bank account out side of Iran and the moment i would use that paypal account, they will track my IP back to iran and block the account. other digital moneys has no exchanger in my country. I understand that for bit coin you may need to send the donation in two steps and many people still don't trust it, but i have no other option.
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

hi everyone,
    can't believe i didn't have time to even open up a unity instance for looong time, god it will take me few days until i can make head and toe of my own project and come back to track, just wanted to say that I'm still alive and if everything work, in less than few weeks, will finish chapter 2 (there are still some job to be done on the behavior tree system, that much i can remember ) and then will start chapter 3, still didn't decide what to do on chapter 3, it will either be the terrain system or inventory system.
    thankfully, recent changes in Unity made a lot of things easier for all of us, with the ability to put navmesh as component, the terrain system can become a fully functional system without the slightest problems, and with the new cinemachine stuff, well, who would need a new camera system?????
    if you guys interested to see anything special, there is a poll on top of the forum thread, please vote and i will check and start the one that will win, right now, as much as i remember, the only stuff remaining for behavior tree would be a node to tick another tree inside of it and the deep copy integration, so, get to the votes guys, chapter 3 will come sooner than what you think

Hey, glad you are back!
    What I wouldn't mind seeing is a demo of what this system can actually do. It's nice being able to drag and drop connections but what's the point?
    I may have missed your helicopter view of what the api core does but I could sure use an idea of what it could all hook into and how it makes life easier when developing a game.
    Of course the ultimate hook-up would be to show how it helps in the mmo project to get that incomplete system a little more along the way to being usable.

Quote Originally Posted by oldngrey View Post
    Hey, glad you are back!
    What I wouldn't mind seeing is a demo of what this system can actually do. It's nice being able to drag and drop connections but what's the point?
    I may have missed your helicopter view of what the api core does but I could sure use an idea of what it could all hook into and how it makes life easier when developing a game.
    Of course the ultimate hook-up would be to show how it helps in the mmo project to get that incomplete system a little more along the way to being usable.
    Hey grey, the problem with what i have so far is that there is nothing big enough to put as a demo. the thing is that the behavior system will be a fully functional behavior tree that can be used for AI. but other than that, the node tree system can be used in more than one place, for example, think of a dialogue tree, how would you approach designing it? another example that can be achieved is a math tree or sort of a system for generating landscape.

the thing about the series is that each chapter i will develop a section that would be modular, for example, when i do the inventory chapter, it would be modular enough that you can use it in any project that would need an inventory! but problem with creating a demo is that for making a functional demo you would need more than few chapters to hook into. for example, how would i use a behavior tree for any AI? i need a moving system that would move characters around, some character stats for npc and player, and that is when you can use the behavior tree on the npc to make him wise enough to decide for himself and that is when you can use the behavior tree that we are developing right now.

basically, the approach i took in the series is exactly opposite of MMO. i am developing some ground foundations but, instead of working on a game project, i am developing them in a modular way. certainly if i live long enough for another year or two (don't worry i will live way beyond that) the project will come to a point that we will start putting everything together in a game like demo project and that is when things would shine.

but until that point, you can take a look on web and maybe youtube to see how different behavior trees are being used for character AI in games. i am sure there are more than few articles about implementation of trees in different AAA games and some demo videos out there. it's true that each behavior tree is designed a little bit different from each other but the bottom line, the functionality and usage of these trees are similar. for example, i have a node for condition, well, the way i developed it, was that you have a delegate and you can assign any method from your code that would return a bool to that delegate, other designs may do it so that you give them two params and choose a condition to check these two params and compare them together and go forward. the way i did it, compared to this second design, gives the programmer much more freedom, the freedom that is always needed when it comes to game programming.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345