View Poll Results: What is the future chapter feature you are interested in?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Character / Camera motor/animation system

3 20.00%
  • terrain system

5 33.33%
  • inventory system

3 20.00%
  • Dialogue / Quest system

3 20.00%
  • Game Save / Load system

3 20.00%
  • Base character stats

3 20.00%
  • Skill system / perk tree

5 33.33%
  • fighting mechanics (Magic / Melee)

4 26.67%
  • Looting system

4 26.67%
  • Enemy / NPC AI (Artificial Intelligence)

8 53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    don't worry about menu difference, that was me testing something for sure
    about the folder structure, i would suggest checking the file that was responsible of generating those folders first, as long as i remember, the only time i change anything related to that is in chapter 2 when i decide to pull out the plugins folder form under graph editor one to sit under buzz folder itself and that is done in project settings, so, nothing related to the code generating empty folders is changed at all, just double check it, if you saw things flash from 012 to 013, it's possible that i changed something and i forgot to mention in video, call for it here and i will put the code in this forum for everyone but if you are talking about the extra plugins under the assets, check your project settings, looks like one or few projects are pushing their result into different folder, also, check the content of the plugins that is sitting under Assets folder, i think sometime in project i had this when i set the temp directory to be different than the publishing directory and both were in unity project asset structure.
    In chapter 2, i set the temp directory to be the bin/Debug and bin/Release to get rid of those temp junk that vs produces during the build and not showing them up in unity at all
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

By the way i highly suggest you continue on, I remember that i did a research about a folder called Editor sitting under the Resources, and you would be surprised to see that the schema ones would be pushed to final build, meaning that unity prioritized the Resources name over Editor name ! that is when i change the folder structure again and tweak the classes to push the schema in another folder structure other than Resources, for time being, if your code works the way it should be, just double check your project settings and continue forward
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

I will continue on - even though I have checked thoroughly the code in chapters 12 and 13.

For interest, the 4 .csproj files are the culprit, it seems.
    They have a line that uses a variable called IntermediateOutputPath which is set when the .csproj file is first set but was not changed later when we pointed our build to the Assets\Buzz\... folder. So Assets\Plugins is re-created whenever we build.

When you tried to put the plugins inside the buzz folder it did it only for the output dll and pdb files. The rest of the stuff stay in the Assets\Plugins folder. It might just be a curiosity, since the creation of the graph works properly. You must have noticed it yourself, since different folders are created on your video.

I hope that makes sense. Time to move on! I am a long way behind finishing chapter 1, but Nelson is a bit quiet at the moment so I am not being distracted by the mmo project.

Yup the stuff you see in the plugins folder under Assets is those related to intermediate path, i think i fixed it later on in second chapter, so just continue forward. If you want to get rid of the folder, unload your project in vs, then right click and edit the file, find those intermediate paths and set them to bin/Debug and bin/Release save the file and reload the project and that would fix this.

Woot, first patch of videos for second chapter is up more to come soon, very soon

Me again.... dampening your "Woots".
    In 015 at the 02:07 mark you have just done an early exit if no CurrentGraph is loaded. That's so you only display the new and load icons along the top.
    Unfortunately the early exit doesn't run the last part of the method which displays the tooltips.

Oh god, good catch, I never noticed this one, will fix it when i record next video (that is close to the ending of chapter 2 ) thanks for this catch buddy

ooh goody. New videos. I was afraid there weren't going to be any more!
    (I am only up to 28 so far!)
    Last edited by oldngrey; 10-25-2016 at 07:44 AM.

sorry for delay but sometimes life gets busy, long story short, i am a community member and not being paid but, i will see to it that this project gets to some point (at least) that would be useful for everyone, in other words, it won't follow the steps that MMO fell into, one of the main reasons I decided to keep things modular is that.

I haven't used OBS personally, but have heard it's a goto for youtube content creators.
    Last edited by sonnguyen2014; 08-21-2018 at 10:33 PM.
    ? hà n?i có công ty den led philip Philips chúng tôi bán den led am tran ch?t l??ng ngoài ra den pha led giá t?t không kém

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast