View Poll Results: What is the future chapter feature you are interested in?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Character / Camera motor/animation system

4 25.00%
  • terrain system

5 31.25%
  • inventory system

3 18.75%
  • Dialogue / Quest system

3 18.75%
  • Game Save / Load system

3 18.75%
  • Base character stats

3 18.75%
  • Skill system / perk tree

5 31.25%
  • fighting mechanics (Magic / Melee)

4 25.00%
  • Looting system

4 25.00%
  • Enemy / NPC AI (Artificial Intelligence)

8 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Alireza,
    It's good that you noticed an increase of video quality for the second series using obm. I just compared the downloadable version of Nelson's chapter 12 to your chapter 1. Amazingly they are both 1280x720. Nelson's are crystal clear.

Also, when I started 006 you do adjust some namespaces. So if I had just waited a bit before asking it would have been addressed. Sorry about that.

If it seems like I am complaining a lot, my apologies. Your stuff is good.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 07-17-2016 at 01:07 AM.

no worries buddy, also i am interested in how nelson is compiling his videos, remember, part of the quality on his videos is that he is using vanilla color coding in visual studio and i am not, and encoding the videos in camtasia would shift colors drastically some times, other than that, i don't know any other reason, oh well, now that i am using OBS no worries any more
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

hello everyone, i am close to finishing the recording of second chapter. the third chapter would be an item system. last night, i was thinking about the item system after watching nelson's last few videos on chapter 11 (code generation ones). the idea about my item system is to let users of api, have their own interfaces that are annotated with attributes and item classes that again are annotated with some attributes and then my item system would search assemblies for these attributes and get the item types. but, here is the problem :
    if we want to let users of api develop their own interfaces, then i would like to somehow pars it and assemble them inside another dll from an editor button, but, how to handle this? how to pars those interfaces, find their params and methods and then put them inside a .cs file, well, this is not that hard using reflection the question here is that can we use roslyn for something like this?
    the next question, lets say one way or another, i generated the .cs file associated with an item class, how to compile those classes into a dll file from within code inside editor? here, being inside editor is not an issue, the issue is that by hitting a button, we want some classes to be collected and then added to an assembly that should be generated. i had seen behave 2 doing such a thing so i know it is possible. does anyone has any experiance with this type of thing?
    and last question, does this approach worth it or should we let those custom item classes that are developed by users of the api, sit inside asset folders as they are?
    thanks for feedback
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Can't answer your question from post #23, but I did have a question about 009 where you make and use TransparentDummy.png to help show your tooltip in the toolbar around the middle of the video.
    It's not in the supplied resources.zip file (actually for that matter neither is GraphaViewBackground.png but I was able to substitute your ViewBackNormal.png which seemed to work fine except it's 32x32 and you shrink it to 8x8 at the end of the video.)
    I don't have ps nor any image editing skills or software at all, so what should I do?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 07-28-2016 at 08:09 AM.

I will share them here by attachments, tell me if they didn't work
    if in future you found any other image that i forgot to share, please inform me
    don't use the preview images, get the zip file, you won't see the transparent one to get from the preview

missing Resources.zip
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by css_maya; 07-28-2016 at 09:38 PM.

I hope you can help me....
    I've been doing 013 and found that at the 22:03 mark you show
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...61/alich13.PNG

whereas I have this directory structure:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mych13.pgn.PNG

I couldn't show the dropdown menus in that screenshot but they are the same as in your 012 at the 39:39 mark.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...61/alich12.PNG

In other words, for some reason you have changed the menus as well as the directory structure- replacing the Plugins folder with 2 new folders Editor and UnityVS.

My BuzzMenu.cs shows:

Code:
        public partial class BuzzMenu
        {
            [MenuItem("Buzz/Node Graph/Launch Editor")]
            public static void InitNodeGraph()
            {
                NodeEditorWindow.Init();
            }

[MenuItem("Buzz/Test")]
            public static void TestMenu()
            {
                var t = ReflectionUtils.GetType("Creation", "");
                if (t == null)
                {
                    Debug.LogWarning(string.Format("Did not find type, correct name and namespace ? {0}.*.{1}", "Buzz", "FA"));
                    return;
                }
                Debug.Log("Type of FA: " + t);
                Debug.Log("Namespace of FA: " + t.Namespace);
                Debug.Log("Assembly of FA: " + t.Assembly);
                Debug.Log("FullName of FA: " + t.FullName);
                Debug.Log("Name of FA: " + t.Name);
                Debug.Log("Attributes of FA: " + t.Attributes);
                Debug.Log("BaseType of FA: " + t.BaseType);
                Debug.Log("AssemblyQualifiedName of FA: " + t.AssemblyQualifiedName);
                var fields = t.GetMethods();
                foreach (MethodInfo info in fields)
                    Debug.Log("FA Member : " + info.Name + " : " + info.ReturnType);
            }
        }
    Perhaps you did some testing between videos??
    Or I am totally blind and missed it, because I don't get the workview name updating at your 013 23:58 point where you show:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...013mygraph.PNG

I still get it saying "Work View".
    My GraphWorkView.cs is the same as yours at the 23:30 mark but it didn't update the screen.

Darn it, I thought I was doing pretty well up to this point
    Last edited by oldngrey; 08-07-2016 at 08:23 AM.

will help if you share your update view on WorkView.cs code with me, those videos are a bit old now and i can't remember on top of my head what i was doing, show it and I will sure help you

also, get ready everyone, I sent the first patch of videos for chapter 2 to steve, waiting for him to publish them now and also, the rest of the videos for chapter 2 is almost done few more videos to record and chapter 2 will be completely recorded

Ok, grey, i am watching that video, first thing you should check is on GraphUtil.cs line 40, double check the name space for the window to be correct. and the CurrentGraphSchema in line 41 for typos, if those two has problem, the work view won't get the proper schema to show it's name, although i can't remember if i am handling the null points here or not because in GraphWorkView line 15 I am checking if the current graph is not null, if the node editor window is not found in that GraphUtil line, then it won't be able to assign the schema to it and the graph in work view would stay null, that can be the problem you have for not getting the graph name, also, i can recommend to double check your scriptable object in assets folder to see if the schema is referencing the related graph properly or not and the graph asset to see if you set the name properly or not, if one of these two has problem, then the root of the problem is again in your GraphUtil under creating the graph code.

Actually your guess was 100% correct. I had a capitalisation error on "NodeGraph" when it should have been "Nodegraph" in the namespace. I am blind to those sorts of errors usually. That's 1 problem out of the way. 2 to go.

The directory structure not under "Assets\Buzz" is still a mystery to me since I still have the structure from 012 video during 013. If you think the problem is my end I will go back over the video again. My code writes the asset file correctly to Database and Database\Editor. It's those other folders not under Buzz that are a mystery.

Finally I am still not sure how you got different menu dropdowns. That was the code snippet I provided 3 posts ago. Mine looks like yours did in 012. I will check once more as I was sure that one wasn't my error.

I will update you on what I find. Hopefully it's my end and not an omission in the video.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 08-08-2016 at 06:21 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast