View Poll Results: What is the future chapter feature you are interested in?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Character / Camera motor/animation system

4 25.00%
  • terrain system

5 31.25%
  • inventory system

3 18.75%
  • Dialogue / Quest system

3 18.75%
  • Game Save / Load system

3 18.75%
  • Base character stats

3 18.75%
  • Skill system / perk tree

5 31.25%
  • fighting mechanics (Magic / Melee)

4 25.00%
  • Looting system

4 25.00%
  • Enemy / NPC AI (Artificial Intelligence)

8 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    lol grey, the reason for that surprise behavior is exactly the code existing on the second monitor
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

I had a rotten time getting 002 to work simply because the ! and | looked like the same character on your video. Yep, the resolution is just low enough to blur the difference! (And we call it an exclamation mark which you don't, further hiding the issue)

I get it... thank for the update! I think you'd have to be a little crazy to not have a working copy next to you during the recordings. Keep up the awesome work!

sorry grey, well right now i am recording the second chapter and now instead of using camtasia i am using open broadcast software (OBS) the quality of videos are jumped up a lot but the only problem is that i can't pause the video while recording it, so either i had to stop recording and answer a phone call for example or i had to continue recording for 2h non stop when i was debugging, now i need to sit and find a nice video edit software that won't ruin the quality of the videos without increasing the size of them exponentially or i have to send the videos to you guys as they are and begging to excuse me for the video length, give me feedback on what should i do now? the only video that got out of hand is the one i am working on sequence node and it became 2h length, the rest are always 1h or much less
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

You might want to talk to tech youtubers to see how they do what they do. I know OBS is probably the best for streamers since a lot use it and it's the right price, but as you have found, it's not an ideal choice for training videos.

Nelson pauses quite a lot when he makes a video because he doesn't stream. He seems more relaxed when he can just say "Aaand I'm back". He can still explain what happened during the pause.

In my personal opinion, your videos would be better off being edited rather than just accept whatever happens for up to 2 hours. I've never done it myself and perhaps the editing time is too much. Tech reviewers that I watch have other people edit their work. That might be an unacceptable burden to you and that your time must decide for you.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 07-02-2016 at 07:32 AM.

I haven't used OBS personally, but have heard it's a goto for youtube content creators... That said, I'm sure you've found this, but does the "Record from Replay Buffer hotkey" section in the page below help at all?

https://jp9000.github.io/OBS/settings/hotkeys.html

well editing the video is not a burden at all, i had to do it all the time on camtasia, but the only thing i need to figure out, is to use an editor that would keep the video quality without increasing the video size drastically, and no, that replay buffer don't help, right now, OBS is going through a massive code rewrite and developers agreed that local record need a pause feature but they are pushing it to the end of the list after code rewrite, oh well, i will edit that one video because the rest of the videos are pretty much straight forward and 1h or 30 min and nice to watch

Hi again,
    I Just watched video 005 where you rename some projects and move files around.
    However I did notice you didn't adjust any of the namespaces.
    Do you do it later or is there a reason you don't have your namespaces match the projects or the folders accurately?

if i remember correctly, i fixed namespaces later on, don't worry, i do everything on camera, and right now, the project has correct name spaces, so i think i adjusted them in few videos later buddy.

by the way, for anyone who is starting to watch the series from now, don't bother with the dll solution builder part. i found something on unity wiki that helps a lot and next video i record will be a nightly drop about it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast