Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team City

Update I still have yet to figure out how to fix this error.
    The only way to fail is to give up or die...

could it be a version conflict with entity framework? are the dlls being uploaded into your repository?

Do you have TeamCity using the correct build runner? (Runner Type and Version for MSBuild / VS Build) I have not used TeamCity in months but I remember there being a Runner Type and a MSBuild version Type. You want to ensure that you have the correct version on those. Perhaps you are using an older version of .Net that entity framework does not work on.

Just some shots in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by am385 View Post
    Do you have TeamCity using the correct build runner? (Runner Type and Version for MSBuild / VS Build) I have not used TeamCity in months but I remember there being a Runner Type and a MSBuild version Type. You want to ensure that you have the correct version on those. Perhaps you are using an older version of .Net that entity framework does not work on.

Just some shots in the dark.
    My Build version selected is 4.5 I have tested other versions but did not change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWalker View Post
    could it be a version conflict with entity framework? are the dlls being uploaded into your repository?
    I am a novice at programming and less so at version control so how would I check to see that the dlls are in fact being uploaded to the repository?

It looks like its not finding folders and files in your System.Data project. If you go into your repository on the BitBucket site and navigate to your source folder, have a look in your data project and see if the migrations are there and also the Entity folder etc. if there are not then check your git ignore file is not excluding them from being added to the repository.

Here's a screenshot of mine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	74613

Name:	Two.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	74614

If they are then look in Visual Studio. are your projects referencing the other projects correctly.

Name:	Three.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	74615

I may be a little ahead of you in the videos so I may have a couple of extra projects but here's how they should reference each other.

Expand each of the projects, right click references and make sure they are all referencing each other correctly.

BuzzMMO.Base.Components should reference BuzzMMO.Base
    BuzzMMO.Client should reference BuzzMMO.Base

BuzzMMO.Client.Console should reference BuzzMMO.Base, BuzzMMO.Base.Components, BuzzMMO.Client

BuzzMMO.Client.Unity should reference BuzzMMO.Base
    BuzzMMO.Data should reference BuzzMMO.Base
    BuzzMMO.Launcher should reference BuzzMMO.Base, BuzzMMO.Base.Components
    BuzzMMO.Server should reference BuzzMMO.Base, BuzzMMO.Data

BuzzMMO.Server.Master should reference BuzzMMO.Base, BuzzMMO.Base.Components, BuzzMMO.Data, BuzzMMO.Server

BuzzMMO.Server.Region should reference BuzzMMO.Base, BuzzMMO.Data, BuzzMMO.Server
    BuzzMMO.Tests should reference BuzzMMO.Base, BuzzMMO.Client, BuzzMMO.Server
    BuzzMMO.Web should reference BuzzMMO.Base, BuzzMMO.Base.Components, BuzzMMO.Data

do a clean and build and then push to your repository and try a build and test again.

if all that fails id start looking at trying to rerun applying the migrations in the package manager console.

**Edited to add**
    I read that you are using a production box and not a VM is your production box hosted by someone? what version of .net is installed on your production box? my thinking is that if its hosted by someone the latest version of .net might not be installed there or TeamCity my not have the correct security permissions to get to access those file and folders.
    Last edited by GreyWalker; 03-25-2016 at 08:33 PM.

GrayWalker,

Thank you for the things to look at and yes mine looks as yours does minus files that you are ahead of me.
    As to my Production Box it is a local box running the same as my Development Box which is running Windows 10 Pro so they are the same except that the Production Box like Nelson's VM does not have Visual Studio installed.

So I installed visual studio on the Prod Box and still no resolve, I think my next step is to try and run Teamcity from the Dev Box and see what happens. That is the Dev Box IP address.

Ok so verified there is something wrong in my project because it still gives the same error about Entities. grrr

If you want to give me access, I would be happy to pull down your repo and take a look at what is going on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast