Thread: Git Submodule

Hybrid View

Git Submodule

Guys i need to configure submodule on my project but i can't understand how submodule works i tried to read documentation but i failed to understand it
    what i'm making new project
    what i have is mainproject(visual studio project), team1 and team2 how to set up team1 and team2 as submodules inside mainproject.
    i have 2 teams and i want each of them to upload their work on their section and to get updates from the other team
    how to configure submodule and set each teams permission.
    so heres scenario after setting up git
    team1 and team2 are working on their section of this folder, when any of them finish something they push it into git and the other team pull this update in a way that team1 cannot push anything into team2's folder.

Quote Originally Posted by fido9dido View Post
    Guys i need to configure submodule on my project but i can't understand how submodule works i tried to read documentation but i failed to understand it
    what i'm making new project
    what i have is mainproject(visual studio project), team1 and team2 how to set up team1 and team2 as submodules inside mainproject.
    i have 2 teams and i want each of them to upload their work on their section and to get updates from the other team
    how to configure submodule and set each teams permission.
    so heres scenario after setting up git
    team1 and team2 are working on their section of this folder, when any of them finish something they push it into git and the other team pull this update in a way that team1 cannot push anything into team2's folder.

Sorry, could you clarify? This doesn't seem at all like a normal git flow.. The scenario you are describing does not require the use of sub modules in any way. What are you actually trying to accomplish? Or are you perhaps misusing the term, "submodule", which is an actual git term with associated commands and environment structure.