Hybrid View

Chapter 12 More Clean Up part 2 error

I wonder if anyone can tell me why this is happening:
    I have done ch12 "More Cleanup part2" which was challenging to follow even on video.

I can do a BUILD on any project but if I do a REBUILD on BuzzMMO.Tests, BuzzMMO.Server.Master or BuzzMMO.Server.Region I get a file locking error:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVer sion.targets(3962,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "D:\C#\BuzzMMO\src\BuzzMMO.Base\bin\Debug\BuzzMMO. Base.dll" to "bin\Debug\BuzzMMO.Base.dll". Beginning retry 1 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\BuzzMMO.Base.dll' because it is being used by another process.
    This repeats for a total of 10 attempts before giving an error.

After that I cannot do a build on any of the projects that depend on BuzzMMO.Tasks.
    Something has locked the file and it remains locked until I restart VS2015.

Am I doing something wrong?

Someone else has this problem.......
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...st-file-locked
    I wonder what "Application User Experience Service" means... .hmm
    It doesn't appear on my computer by that name.

Other posts indicate a long-standing problem between VS and windows indexing.

In other words, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with my BuzzMMO nor with Nelson's. In fact he probably gets it too but doesn't do a rebuild (as opposed to build) often enough to notice it.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 01-29-2016 at 01:46 AM.

I get this too, it seems totally random even tho I know its not.

Nelson even got it in his recent mmo video ("database and login"). He simply restarted vs and kept going.
    This project is getting pretty convoluted now and there are tons of dependencies and projects that must be built first. Somewhere in all that is probably something vs just can't handle. Who knows?
    Last edited by oldngrey; 02-29-2016 at 03:28 AM.

It happened to me right after we added the step to Generate Code and then copy the dll's in the After Build section. It seems the VS is holding on to either the tools CLI or on of the dlls. Restarting VS will fix the problem for me for exactly 1 rebuild and then it breaks again.

I am probably going to change to a different deployment technique instead of calling copy / xcopy / robocopy in the csproj file.

If you are using an older version of resharper, this was a known issue for some time.
    John Bergman aka RadioactiveXP

I have the source and I am not afraid to use it!
    I'd rather have a blue sky above me that a blue screen in front of me!