Tech Rigging 3 issues?

HI I'm trying to create a tool that Matches IK to FK in a click of a button, using python. (From the Tech Rigging 3 tuts)
    Everything works great untill I copy the translation information from the tempNull (Which is put in place to act as the pre-transforms for the IK) to the ikHandle. When I run to tool they both fly off in to space? when I was hoping that the ikHandle would snap to the end of the bone. I'm assuming that this has something to do with pre-transforms but I can't figure it out. I have attached 2 still's as one is of the tempNull working correctly and snapping to the end of the bone (before I copy the transforms to the ikHandle) and the 2nd is the tempNull and the ikHandle shooting off into space. Sorry if this is vague, any help is greatly appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (8).png 
Views:	78 
Size:	616.3 KB 
ID:	74587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (7).png 
Views:	78 
Size:	632.0 KB 
ID:	74586  

Code:
    #parent null to ikhandle
        tempNull.setFirstInput(ikHandle)

#houdini 14 automatic pretransform when unparent or reparent so pull it out
        tempNull.movePreTransformIntoParmTransform()

#copy translation information from null to ik handle
        ikHandle.parm('tx').set(tempNull.evalParm('tx'))
        ikHandle.parm('ty').set(tempNull.evalParm('ty'))
        ikHandle.parm('tz').set(tempNull.evalParm('tz'))
    In Houdini it creates an automatic pretransform when parent or unparent with keep position. I guess it's a new feature added sometime after version 9. The extra line shown here worked for me. Something similar was needed in videos 10, 16 and 19 of volume 3.

THANKS SO MUCH! that totally worked! I knew that it was automatically pushing the tran into the pretrans and that had to be the issue. I was close but i'm really glad that I asked. now I can finish my masterpiece!!