Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i'm wondering if we'll see any blender vids this week.

Vel's right Steve.. You did say "Monday, in earnest"!! My refresh button is wearing out here! Haha

Yep, and Monday I started recording in earnest. Drop is today.

I see a drop! Woot! I'll be Loosing sleep tonight!!

Is last weeks show downloadable somewhere?

I miss old days that people were able to click the download button beside the video name in the list and use a download manager. ask steve and he will tell you how much problem i have with my network, but being able to use a download manager and download the video i was able to watch the videos without any problem, i still have some older videos from 3d buzz sitting in my external hard drive and believe it or not, every now and then i have to go back to them to watch few minutes or some times the whole video to remember something that i needed to do.
    seriously nelson, at least for people who are member sponsor (the least are those with 1 full year) let them download videos and make it possible to use download manager. I understand you guys are concerned about leaking and piracy, but lets face it, if a member sponsor can watch a video, he can simply use screen recording software and all that privacy and technical stuff you used to keep videos safe means nothing. and if a member sponsor would be sooo~ stupid to leak the videos out when he had to pay for it and won't know the meaning of supporting a community, you wouldn't be able to keep streams safe. so the question is, why bother?
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Hey guys, I don't have programming knowledge to change things in the section I created for the "visual" radio shows. I did check and changed it over to Free for streaming, I'd forgotten that. Also, I'm currently uploading the show to the assets heading you would usually get downloadable bits from. We'll see how it works, but mind you. The radio show was a little over 2 hours long, so it's a big file... As time allows, I'll try to address some of this stuff.

thanks buddy, because most of the time watching the stream for me is like watching 10-20 sec, then wait 20-40 sec for the stream to continue and that is not fun you know, also, i tend to keep videos on my hard drive because even now i go back to my screen captures of lee's terrain system even for working on an asset that i am doing r&d on for the unity terrain system, long story short, videos provided here is useful for more than what people think of, specially when you get more familiar with unity and you find out more hidden (i mean not well documented) sections of it's api, then suddenly you find that there are lots of learning material provided here that you can use on other parts too. That is why i always keep teaching materials on my hard drive. in my eyes, there is nothing called obsolete when it comes to coding and unity
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Yeah... Don't thank me too soon. System won't let me upload an mp4 there. At least not of that size. Give me a bit to think this through

no worries, but if you ask me, letting people to capture the stream would be the easiest, after all, if a person is not a member sponsor he won't be able to even go to the video page, if he is a member sponsor, then he would be able to watch the video, make the video full screen and screen record it, around a year ago i was thinking about opening my own website for stream teaching and gaining some money with a friend, i done a massive research on the video protection subject, and i learned that no matter what you do, if someone is capable of watching the video online, the worst case he would screen record and the video is not safe by all means.
    the best case for company would be to restrict the access by membership and let go of anything regarding video protection itself. think about it, if i was able to use something like IDM (internet download manager) the way i use it on you tube, vimeo or many other websites, then i would download the data only once and that was all the traffic i would consume on your server for that particular video, on the other hand when i can't do it, i have to go back and watch the video, it stucks, i have to refresh the page and try to get close to the minute that was stuck and continue watching it, and this continues on and on, meaning unnecessary bandwidth consuming on your side, although it may be small in this example but think about when i don't have that video on hard drive and in future i would come back to re watch it and multiply it by the number of users who would do it !
    why do you think you tube is not concerning himself with video protection what so ever, true they get money from advertisement and not the video content, but even vimeo pro will never give you as the video publisher any sort of guaranty about keeping videos safe. they learned it the hard way you know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast