MMO/MOBA Roadmap

I've listened to a lot of the radio show, but would like some roadmap type information. It was getting way off topic after 2.5 hours and I had to leave.

I am rebuilding my PC with
    Windows10,
    VS2015,
    Unity3d 5.2,
    All new Intel Z170 hardware.

Re the MMO chapters 10 and beyond:
    * I expect a ton of problems with this config especially with nuget packages that haven't been updated and the newest version of Unity.
    * Nelson did say that he was going to record a video that covered some upgrades

So, here's the question....
    Do I redo all of chapter 10 and 11 again as it stands?
    or
    Do I wait for Nelson to show us how he did it - and when might that be?

I tried asking in the IRC during the radio show but, well, it wasn't picked up.

It's not that I don't think I can solve the issues I find, but you should realise that one of the aims for this course is to have something that is identical to what Nelson has developed since it's a learning model to follow and later adapt to our own projects.

I heard on the radio show that you guys do read the forums, but you do know that you don't always respond don't you!
    So, thanks in advance and I look forward to new videos soon.

** edit ***
    I listened to the end of the radio show and got a few answers.
    * We shouldn't expect Nelson or Steve to reply to us in the forums. I get that. Would I prefer they do research and recording or answer questions on forums and other social media? I guess I want coding videos as their priority.
    * Nelson was saying that it will be a few weeks before we get the first coding video. That should include a bunch of refactoring as well as an upgrade to latest versions of unity and visual studio. Sounds like a ton of refactoring coming up too.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 09-30-2015 at 08:29 PM.

I agree a road map would be great, I also have VS 2015 available to me but I really dont want to upgrade just yet, as I'm not sure what gottchyas may arise from doing so.

well gray i am using vs2015 community plus nuget manager and resharper, the only problem i got by now is that nuget package manager won't download some stuff
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

I have my new Windows 10 PC built now and it's totally stable so far. Not convinced all the new hardware is worth the money, but it's spent now! Windows 10 has been the most painfree o/s upgrade I have ever done.
    Did the first MMO video today - setting up Git / SourceTree / Projects.
    So far VS2015 is behaving the same as VS2013, but I know I haven't hit the spots where I expect troubles. I risk boring you, but I will post here when I see problems and if I can fix them. I consider myself a veteran at doing chapter 10 now. This makes the 4th time.
    Yep, I ain't waitin' for Nelson's video telling me how to upgrade. I realize this is a chance for Murphy's law to totally smash me tomorrow, but I feel brave.

You beat me... I've only done chapter 10 once all the way through, and twice more partway through...

Please post any gotchas you hit and how you get around them. The last time I did Chapter 10 with VS 2013, I had several problems with some of the nuget packages being different versions than Nelson used. I look forward to see how you come out

The only issue that you might hit is how 2015 handles scaffolding. The mailer uses a 3rd party library that scaffolds emails and could cause an issue. I think they updated their NuGet package though so it should be fine. While I coded this on 2013 I have since formatted and now only have 2015 installed. I really like 2015 and it is giving me no issues on my dev box or with the build tools on my build server.

I would really like to know if anyone has issues though.

Yeah, the mailer is the one I had the most problem with, but I eventually got it working.

VS2015 so far is behaving itself nicely apart from a few tiny hiccups.
    Apart from ditching MvcMailer and using Postal, the only problem so far (at the end of the "Deploy Website" video) was the fact that MS Deploy is now partially installed when installing Visual Studio 2015 and is now at version 3.6, not 3.5 as installed by Nelson in the video.

It hadn't installed the 'Web Deploy Agent Service' so I had to "change" the installation from ControlPanel's ProgramsAndFeatures.
    I plan to install 3.6 and not 3.5 in the Deploy Remotely video.

I just thought I'd mention it somewhere on the forums.
    I see in the forums that a lot of people have problems with the Deploy Website video.

**edit**
    I use Oracle VirtualBox for the VM and it appears that the latest version 5.0.6 is needed to allow bridged networking to work correctly on Windows 10. Otherwise your host cannot ping the guest which negates the purpose of the Deploy Website video.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 10-19-2015 at 02:48 AM.

@oldngray as much as i understand, specially after latest radio show, nelson mentioned that his auto update solution is fabricated for his specific case and is not the only way to do so, i personally only watched those videos to make sure i won't miss any part of code that would be used later on in the MOBA/MMO development, personally i am 1 man studio hobby user of unity, so i don't care about having test players/developers etc, but i think in his new chapter he would address some of the issues with those older videos. specially now that vs community 2015 is available for all of us for free
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !