problem downloading JavaScriptEngineSwitcher.v8 by nuget

Hi, I started following chapter 10, when nelson is downloading javascript engine for bootstrap I am stuck, can't install the managed nugget package for javascriptEngineSwitcher.V8
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81eUWtz.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	74524
    I am using visual studio community 2015 if that makes change :/
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Interesting, for time being it is solved, instead of using the gui version use the package manager consol with this command :

Install-Package JavaScriptEngineSwitcher.V8

it will install correctly !!
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

I hate when I follow something that I don't know anything about it, now a new problem, take a look, after installing the switcher successfully, I went and changed web.config

Name:	olvylgQ.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	74525
    I rebuild the project and hit control F5 and this is the thing I see !!!

Name:	OzToo2W.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	74526
    What should I do now?

Sigh same problem, bundle transformer less was not getting installed with nugget package manager and I had to run this command :

Install-Package BundleTransformer.Less

anyone knows why that nugget gui thing is not working?

You might be the guinea pig!
    Things do break with later versions of visual studio and this might be another one.

In VS2013 and earlier, that entire "less" and "v8" package installed flawlessly from nuget.
    Your common problem seems to be the less compiler.
    Google is not that helpful.
    There's no mention of VS2015 in the package sections of nuget ie I wasn't able to find anything to help you.

Not too helpful I know, but I can feel a ton of sympathy. I'll be doing the same thing in a month when I get my new PC runnng.

Well, it's funny because managed nugget packages sometimes install correct, some of them though will bother, if you ever found same error as I sent in first post, go to the developer page of the package and most likely you will find a command line code to install it from nugget console and that always work !

I'm still using VS 2013. Are you able to download the latest bootstrap files from http://www.getbootstrap.com/ and copy them over in to the respective folders? maybe on the site there will be version that will work with VS2015.

There are a lot of areas that touched by the less in the web.config.

Here is a stripped down version of mine. Removed most things that dont touch less or bundle transformer. Maybe you are missing another section.

Code:
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="bundleTransformer">
          <section name="core" type="BundleTransformer.Core.Configuration.CoreSettings, BundleTransformer.Core" />
          <section name="less" type="BundleTransformer.Less.Configuration.LessSettings, BundleTransformer.Less" />
        </sectionGroup>
        <sectionGroup name="jsEngineSwitcher">
          <section name="core" type="JavaScriptEngineSwitcher.Core.Configuration.CoreConfiguration, JavaScriptEngineSwitcher.Core" />
        </sectionGroup>
        <!-- For more information on Entity Framework configuration, visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=237468 -->
        <section name="entityFramework" type="System.Data.Entity.Internal.ConfigFile.EntityFrameworkSection, EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false" />
      </configSections>
      <appSettings>
        <add key="webpages:Version" value="3.0.0.0" />
        <add key="webpages:Enabled" value="false" />
        <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true" />
        <add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="true" />
      <add key="MvcMailer.BaseURL" value="" /></appSettings>
      <bundleTransformer xmlns="http://tempuri.org/BundleTransformer.Configuration.xsd">
        <core>
          <css>
            <translators>
              <add name="NullTranslator" type="BundleTransformer.Core.Translators.NullTranslator, BundleTransformer.Core" enabled="false" />
              <add name="LessTranslator" type="BundleTransformer.Less.Translators.LessTranslator, BundleTransformer.Less" />
            </translators>
            <postProcessors>
              <add name="UrlRewritingCssPostProcessor" type="BundleTransformer.Core.PostProcessors.UrlRewritingCssPostProcessor, BundleTransformer.Core" useInDebugMode="false" />
            </postProcessors>
            <minifiers>
              <add name="NullMinifier" type="BundleTransformer.Core.Minifiers.NullMinifier, BundleTransformer.Core" />
            </minifiers>
            <fileExtensions>
              <add fileExtension=".css" assetTypeCode="Css" />
              <add fileExtension=".less" assetTypeCode="Less" />
            </fileExtensions>
          </css>
          <js>
            <translators>
              <add name="NullTranslator" type="BundleTransformer.Core.Translators.NullTranslator, BundleTransformer.Core" enabled="false" />
            </translators>
            <minifiers>
              <add name="NullMinifier" type="BundleTransformer.Core.Minifiers.NullMinifier, BundleTransformer.Core" />
            </minifiers>
            <fileExtensions>
              <add fileExtension=".js" assetTypeCode="JavaScript" />
            </fileExtensions>
          </js>
        </core>
        <less>
          <jsEngine name="V8JsEngine" />
        </less>
      </bundleTransformer>
      <jsEngineSwitcher xmlns="http://tempuri.org/JavaScriptEngineSwitcher.Configuration.xsd">
        <core>
          <engines>
            <add name="V8JsEngine" type="JavaScriptEngineSwitcher.V8.V8JsEngine, JavaScriptEngineSwitcher.V8" />
          </engines>
        </core>
      </jsEngineSwitcher>
      <system.webServer>
        <httpProtocol>
          <customHeaders>
            <add name="Strict-Transport-Security" value="max-age=31536000" />
          </customHeaders>
        </httpProtocol>
        <handlers>
          <add name="LessAssetHandler" path="*.less" verb="GET" type="BundleTransformer.Less.HttpHandlers.LessAssetHandler, BundleTransformer.Less" resourceType="File" preCondition="" />
        <remove name="ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0" /><remove name="OPTIONSVerbHandler" /><remove name="TRACEVerbHandler" /><add name="ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0" path="*." verb="*" type="System.Web.Handlers.TransferRequestHandler" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" /></handlers>
        <security>
          <requestFiltering>
            <hiddenSegments>
              <add segment="ClearScript.V8" />
            </hiddenSegments>
          </requestFiltering>
        </security>
      </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

GreyWalker, I was able to fix the problem, it was before downloading the boot strap, the problem is that for some nugget packages, the managed nugget GUI to install them won't work and give error, I thought it worked for less but there was no installation, so I had to manually install it from the nugget console and now everything works

I got to this video (chapter 10 - Setting Up our Website) and didn't have the problems you mentioned when using squeaky new VS2015.

A couple of notes;
    * When I first installed VS2015 it asked me if I wanted the newest and latest Nuget Package Manager. I said yes. So I'm using that to install packages. It looks like a document now and not a tearoff app.
    * I was able to follow along in this video just fine. The only difference was that I had a version of bootstrap in my downloads folder from previously - bootstrap-3.1.1.zip. So I used that - it's the same one Nelson used.

Got to the end of the video and bootstrap heart appeared in red. So it all worked. I didn't have to mess around with the Package Manager Console to install anything. So how has it been since - does Nuget still give you troubles?
    Last edited by oldngrey; 10-01-2015 at 10:30 PM.