Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Not really sure, steve would be better to send the news feed soon, but i am sure that needs few weeks of development for website, the email was about 1 week ago so i would guess 2-3 weeks or sometime around it, myself is sitting and waiting non patiently also, I am holding back many videos from you tube right now, because i would suggest against divided attention of people between you tube and here, when the system is a go, i would simply record one video telling all my subscribers to come here to look for more videos from now on
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Quote Originally Posted by css_maya View Post
    Not really sure, steve would be better to send the news feed soon, but i am sure that needs few weeks of development for website, the email was about 1 week ago so i would guess 2-3 weeks or sometime around it, myself is sitting and waiting non patiently also, I am holding back many videos from you tube right now, because i would suggest against divided attention of people between you tube and here, when the system is a go, i would simply record one video telling all my subscribers to come here to look for more videos from now on
    Post an intro video, similar to the format used here to entice people to purchase sponsorship and direct them to 3D buzz.
    - Knotty Boy

Good Idea, I asked if steve would share with us the intro project for camtasia, no reply, if he did i would start recording my node based editor from scratch now that i have the whole solution went trough massive code refactoring and get it ready to be published as soon as they made the system work, honestly, making an into is the best Idea for moving my friends from you tube to here, i think i will put the first couple of videos as free as teasers and then when i start to use the base for serious stuff like a behavior tree or a dialogue tree, that would be member sponsor alone
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

Peer to peer learning is always going to help you learn and the added benefit of helping someone else learn as well. I don't know the licence situation for camtasia as I've not looked, but perhaps try Snagit.
    - Knotty Boy

Since it is a throwback thread of people who don't come around much anymore I thought I would throw in as well.

So I run a video training site on the side GoDjango.com, wonder where I started liking video tutorials. It is hard to compete with YouTube. Not impossible look at Pluralsite, Team Treehouse, Udemy, and Khan Academy. However, unless you are that big it is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by nGAGE
    I admit, I'm often searching YouTube these days myself, but that's simply because none of the topics that I'm interested in are covered here anymore. The only reason for me to occasionally refresh my membership, is to have a look at the MMO project and see if I can find something in there that interests me. I believe --with absolutely no offense intended-- that it's time for 3DBuzz to raise the bar on certain topics aside from the MMO. Go beyond basics. Intermediate to advanced seems the only level that's still worth paying for.
    One thing about teaching people and getting money back is you have essentially 3 markets.

1) Beginners
    2) Intermediate
    3) Expert

Most of the people that buy tutorials are beginners, and they consume a lot. They are also generally more willing to buy. Intermediate consumers are smaller, and they are willing to buy if the content is super good and hits exactly what they are after. Intermediate devs are super picky so unless you have the right thing for them they wont buy. Expert devs on average do not buy training courses and if they do it is for something super advanced, and in a lot of cases they will critique the entire training course once they are done. Talking to other independent video sites content based refunds generally to these people.

The sweet spot, for making money, is to nail down training for beginners, and walk them up to intermediate devs.

The other way is how the others do it. Put out so much content that library is huge and it almost doesn't matter what is in it people will buy and hunt down in the directory what is there.

Quote Originally Posted by cgCody
    What could work: Build a userbase around free, ad driven training on YouTube. I'm talking 10 minute workshops, tops. Use these as hooks to promote the community AND website (distinction). On the front page, people are presented with a video about the latest in depth training. It could either be a 10 minute snippet, or a trailer. Next to this needs to be a huge link: "BUY STUFF!" Boom, call to action!
    I have been trying this for a bit and it doesn't work well. Also a podcast business podcast I listen to a guy on there is trying as well. People generally watch the videos, but rarely click through to the site. Granted I am not promoting a community, or my product much, but it is hard. People on youtube generally like to stay on youtube. I am sure there are ways to do it, I just haven't found it yet.

Those are some of the hurdles I have hit. It is awesome 3dbuzz is coming up on 15 years though.
    JapanGaku - Blog about Japan, J-Drama, and the Japanese Language
    BuddyLindsey.com - My Development Blog

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234