Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    4,168

    Cool 3DBuzz Maintenance - Complete

    Hey guys!

    I just want to let you all know that I'm scheduling some 3DBuzz maintenance for tomorrow (Thursday the 27th) which will result in both the site and the streaming server going down for roughly 10 to 20 minutes. This will be at around 10 PM CDT.

    Thanks!
    Nelson

    EDIT:

    I'm done. Took a little longer than expected, but everything should be good to go now.
    Thanks for your patience!

    (oh yeah, streaming on iOS might work now...)
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    277
    You snuck in an upgrade to the video streamer!

    I like the new full screen interface. 2 great improvements:
    * When you click on a time you want to watch, it actually goes to that time unlike the old version.
    * Plus, and here is a new favorite feature, when paused the video no longer has a massive start button hiding the text you want to inspect!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    564
    Yep! iOS streaming is also working (let us know if any one has issues) and Android should be working soon (It's working if any one wants to watch Big Buck Bunny atm).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    160
    It looks like chrome cached some of your assets from pre update for me. First login and the formatting of the site was completely messed up. After a cache clear / Ctrl-F5 all was well. Just a heads up if anyone sees a really strangely formatted site.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    4,168
    Quote Originally Posted by oldngrey View Post
    You snuck in an upgrade to the video streamer!

    I like the new full screen interface. 2 great improvements:
    * When you click on a time you want to watch, it actually goes to that time unlike the old version.
    * Plus, and here is a new favorite feature, when paused the video no longer has a massive start button hiding the text you want to inspect!
    Glad you like the new player! I went ahead and updated it to the latest version which had a lot of improvements, and supported the streaming protocol for iOS better.

    Quote Originally Posted by am385 View Post
    It looks like chrome cached some of your assets from pre update for me. First login and the formatting of the site was completely messed up. After a cache clear / Ctrl-F5 all was well. Just a heads up if anyone sees a really strangely formatted site.
    That's actually a known bug... When the site reloads (whenever I push changes to production) it takes a few seconds to spool back up. During that time, it processes and caches all of the styles and scripts. Unfortunately, if enough people hit it at the same exact time while it's doing this, it kinda just gives up and renders the site without any resources. By the time a person would reload, it would be finished so it'll work again. You just happened to be one of the lucky ones this time

    But otherwise it's harmless. Something I want to address, but it doesn't affect many people at all so I haven't prioritized fixing it yet.
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    277
    Not only that, but pressing the left and right arrows will move the video back and forwards by 5 seconds.
    Found that by accident.... there might be more fun hotkeys!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,231
    Genuine question here: How's the ol' site 'n' company doing, Nelson?
    I stopped by here because I'm working on a little project after years of not touching any CG software and was feeling a little nostalgic.
    Perhaps I'm just out of touch, but I'm just not feeling the "buzz" in the forums from back in the day. Perhaps some SEO is in order to get 3DBuzz back on the first page of the search engines? I don't know, just a thought. I still have great love for this company, and hope that you guys are doing well.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    I Love Dragons!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by cgCody View Post
    Genuine question here: How's the ol' site 'n' company doing, Nelson?
    I stopped by here because I'm working on a little project after years of not touching any CG software and was feeling a little nostalgic.
    Perhaps I'm just out of touch, but I'm just not feeling the "buzz" in the forums from back in the day. Perhaps some SEO is in order to get 3DBuzz back on the first page of the search engines? I don't know, just a thought. I still have great love for this company, and hope that you guys are doing well.
    I definitely agree with this. Doesn't seem as lively as it used to be, and I really miss it being such. Maybe there needs to be more integration with social medias.
    Put the stuff in the stuff n stuff.
    I drive the "There's a radio in my fingernail...CAR!"
    What page of The List are you on?
    I have been confuzzled!
    There is something there! Yes, but we don't know what that something is.
    Oooh! Look at my pretty desktop. I dont' care what you think, I think it's pretty.
    I want Zak's hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <Something> Darn it captain! I'm a Maya user, not a doctor.
    I eat at Taco McBurger in the Box!
    Cardboard Box Transforme Time!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,231
    Yeah I pretty much got my answer by the lack of a response.
    It's a shame, really, because I genuinely wanted to know. I was willing to donate some time and effort to promote the old spirit.
    You know, as a kid, I was quite awkward, hot tempered at times, and pretty much a wall flower. I'm sure some of that showed in my posts, but I was always willing to help this community. I saw answering questions as my civic duty. I became a member sponsor when I got my first job. I once made flyers and posted them around my school to promote the site. Haha I did those things because this place ignited a passion for me. I guess I thought that earned me a modicum of respect here.

    EDIT: And at the very least, where is the angry mob denying any claims against 3DBuzz's honor, followed by a long, and eloquently crafted shoot-down by Zak, followed by a lock, followed by Buzz unlocking, adding his 2 cents, and relocking? It was practically tradition!
    Last edited by cgCody; 09-19-2015 at 04:30 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    I Love Dragons!!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,068
    It's also nearly 2/3rds into the month and not any word about the play test of the game or radio show.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •