Is the Android development Tutorials good ?

I am new to programming.

Does the tutorials(android 2015) cover the basics ?

Thank you

Android basics? Yes. Java basics? From what I can tell, no.

Unless you have experience in another language, then you should be able to follow. But no, it's not an introduction to Java.

If you are new to programming, don't look at android immediately you might hate it for its complexity. I would suggest look at the C# introduction to programming the XNA one. That one is the best programming 101 I have seen. Don't worry about it being a C# language and android makes use of Java. its a 101, the language do not matter that much, its the concept.

Android requires good understanding on OOP and threading.... soooo if you are not that confident with your understanding on those concept, take the programming 101 first.

Agree with crcutas!

the app depends on Yora account. Does it still exist?

Hello everybody,
    I followed Android Mobile Development Course, but I am stuck on the section with live APIs. Does the yora-playground web service (sandbox) still working? I always get response.code()==401 and response.success()=false.
    My LiveAccountService code:

@Subscribe
    public void register(AccountLogin.RegisterRequest request) {
    api.register(request).enqueue(new RetrofitCallback<AccountLogin.RegisterResponse>() {
    @Override
    public void onResponse(Call<AccountLogin.RegisterResponse> call, Response<AccountLogin.RegisterResponse> response) {
    Log.e("MSJ success", String.valueOf(response.isSuccessful()));
    Log.e("MSJ code", String.valueOf(response.code()));
    if (response.body() == null) {
    Log.e("MSJ body", "null");
    }

if (response.body() == null) {
    loginUser(response.body());
    }
    bus.post(response.body());

super.onResponse(call, response);
    }
    });
    }

And tho log:
    10-15 08:26:04.570 22725-22725/com.gmail.msjankovich.android.yora.app E/MSJ code? 401
    10-15 08:26:04.570 22725-22725/com.gmail.msjankovich.android.yora.app E/MSJ body? null
    10-15 08:26:04.570 22725-22725/com.gmail.msjankovich.android.yora.app E/AndroidRuntime? FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.gmail.msjankovich.android.yora.app.services.Li veAccountService.loginUser(LiveAccountService.java :24)
    at com.gmail.msjankovich.android.yora.app.services.Li veAccountService.access$000(LiveAccountService.jav a:15)
    at com.gmail.msjankovich.android.yora.app.services.Li veAccountService$1.onResponse(LiveAccountService.j ava:51)
    at retrofit2.ExecutorCallAdapterFactory$ExecutorCallb ackCall$1$1.run(ExecutorCallAdapterFactory.java:68 )
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605 )
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92 )
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:4424)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:817)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:584)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Is Yora account still active? It is impossible to finish the course without it.

Everyone who want learn android programming has only one question where to start? The Best way is YouTube.
    Convert your PSD to Newsletter | PSD to Email Conversion Service from SocialEngineMarket