Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deploy Website Video

Ok so I was getting the same error Error Code: ERROR_USER_NOT_ADMIN
    as expected.
    I was running Win 8.1 Standard edition so I could not create the group MSDepSvcUsers.
    I looked and looked for a work around but did not find one, so I upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro
    and now get the following error.

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\xxx\Build\Web>..\..\lib\msd eploy\msdeploy -verb:sync -sourceackage='Package.zip' -dest:contentPath='test.mmo',computerName=localhost ,userName=deploy,password=test

ERROR as Follows
    .Tools.Schema.MsDeploy.MsDeployProviderBaseProvide rFactory' threw an exception.
    ---> System.IO.IOException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program
    Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DAC\Bin\Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Sql .dll
    ' or one of its dependencies. Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80
    00FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED)) ---> System.Exception: Catastrophic failure (Exception fr
    om HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.MsDeploy.MsDeployProvi derBaseProviderFactory..
    cctor()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateU ninitializedObject(Runti
    meType objectType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServi ces.CreateInstance(Runti
    meType serverType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServi ces.IsCurrentContextOK(R
    untimeType serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeTyp e type, Boolean publicOn
    ly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Bo
    olean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipChec
    kThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boole an publicOnly, Boolean s
    kipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder bin
    der, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCra
    wlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binde
    r binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.ReflectionHelper.CreateIn stance[T](Type type, Obj
    ect[] constructorArguments)
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.BuiltInTypesCache.get_Fac tories()
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentProviderFactory Collection.LoadFromRegis
    try()
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentManager.LoadDep loymentManagerSettings()

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentManager..cctor( )
    Error: The provider 'Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.MsDeploy.MsDeployProv iderFactor
    y' could not be loaded.
    Error: The type 'Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.MsDeploy.MsDeployProv iderFactory' c
    ould not be loaded. The configuration settings may not be valid.
    Error: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.MsDeploy.MsDeployPr
    oviderBaseProviderFactory' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: Could
    not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\
    110\DAC\Bin\Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Sql.dll' or one of its dependencies. Cat
    astrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED)) ---> Syste
    m.Exception: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPEC
    TED))
    cctor()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateU ninitializedObject(Runti
    meType objectType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServi ces.CreateInstance(Runti
    meType serverType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServi ces.IsCurrentContextOK(R
    untimeType serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeTyp e type, Boolean publicOn
    ly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Bo
    olean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipChec
    kThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boole an publicOnly, Boolean s
    kipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder bin
    der, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCra
    wlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binde
    r binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.ReflectionHelper.CreateIn stance[T](Type type, Obj
    ect[] constructorArguments)
    Error: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
    SQL Server\110\DAC\Bin\Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Sql .dll' or one of its depen
    dencies. Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED)
    ) ---> System.Exception: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFF
    F (E_UNEXPECTED))
    cctor()
    Error: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
    Error count: 1.
    The only way to fail is to give up or die...

You have an error (3rd line) for the microsoft sql server, but Nelson is using the MySql database. Is it possible your web.config was messed up with the upgrade?

Nelson had the same problem which he fixed with a registry key removal.
    Last edited by oldngrey; 07-09-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Well I have spent a TON of time searching for information on how to best fix this without making things worse and still have yet to find an answer hopefully Nelson will have more incite on this...

So did did find that the problem was these two keys in a Microsoft post.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\IIS Extensions\msdeploy\3\extensibility
    HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\IIS Extensions\msdeploy\3\extensibility

But of course like everything one problem fixed brings another

Now I get

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\xxx\Build\Web>..\..\lib\msd eploy\msdeploy -verb:sync -sourceackage='Package.zip' -dest:contentPath='test.mmo',computerName=localhost ,userName=deploy,password=test

Error: (7/3/2015 2:00:53 PM) An error occurred when the request was processed on
    the remote computer.
    Error: Source (sitemanifest) and destination (contentPath) are not compatible fo
    r the given operation.

Great back to Google Search

Oh deleting these keys

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\IIS Extensions\msdeploy\3\extensibility
    HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\IIS Extensions\msdeploy\3\extensibility

Ok I just gotta say I getting SICK of every step in this Project being nothing but one error after another.
    Web Development with MVC sucks.

Just ranting...

The errors you got with ...
    Error: (7/3/2015 2:00:53 PM) An error occurred when the request was processed on
    the remote computer.
    Error: Source (sitemanifest) and destination (contentPath) are not compatible fo
    r the given operation.
    ...I got too. Just follow along and eventually it seems to sort itself out after you create the user, group, and all the rest.
    Because it's really hard to follow along with Nelson's edits in BuzzMMOBuild.proj, I've pasted the webdeploy lines for you to compare. (This code block is only for the Deploy Website Video. He changes it in the following video)

Code:
      <Target Name="DeployWebsite" DependsOnTargets="BuildSolution">
    	<MSBuild Projects="BuzzMMO.Web/BuzzMMO.Web.csproj" Targets="Package" Properties="Configuration=$(BuildConfig);PackageLocation=..\..\Build\Web\Package.zip" />
    	<Exec WorkingDirectory="$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\" Command='lib\msdeploy\msdeploy.exe -verb:sync -source:package="Build\Web\Package.zip" -dest:auto,computerName=$(WebDeployComputer),username=$(WebDeployUser),password=$(WebDeployPassword) -setParamFile="$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)BuzzMMO.Web\Config\$(SetParamsFile)"'/>
      </Target>
    Hope you are feeling better about msbuild / msdeploy. I've gotten over the nightmares.....
    Last edited by oldngrey; 07-09-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Yeah I spent many hours trying to work out the msBuild stuff, if you still get drama ill give you access to my repo and and you can compare code.

Quote Originally Posted by oldngrey View Post
    The errors you got with ...

...I got too. Just follow along and eventually it seems to sort itself out after you create the user, group, and all the rest.
    Because it's really hard to follow along with Nelson's edits in BuzzMMOBuild.proj, I've pasted the webdeploy lines for you to compare. (This code block is only for the Deploy Website Video. He changes it in the following video)

Code:
      <Target Name="DeployWebsite" DependsOnTargets="BuildSolution">
    	<MSBuild Projects="BuzzMMO.Web/BuzzMMO.Web.csproj" Targets="Package" Properties="Configuration=$(BuildConfig);PackageLocation=..\..\Build\Web\Package.zip" />
    	<Exec WorkingDirectory="$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)..\" Command='lib\msdeploy\msdeploy.exe -verb:sync -source:package="Build\Web\Package.zip" -dest:auto,computerName=$(WebDeployComputer),username=$(WebDeployUser),password=$(WebDeployPassword) -setParamFile="$(MSBuildThisFileDirectory)BuzzMMO.Web\Config\$(SetParamsFile)"'/>
      </Target>
    Hope you are feeling better about msbuild / msdeploy. I've gotten over the nightmares.....
    Thx Oldngray, I have the same code so it is more than not a issue with permissions or something related to my PC.
    I have done up to Teamcity part of the videos more than once and then all went to crap as I had an old PC Vista so after leaving blood stains on the keyboard from beating my head on it I got a shiny new win 8.1, but wait I had to start from the beginning of this series just to be sure I get it just right and as Nelson would say quote "This is why I can't have nice things" because it is again one issue after another.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWalker View Post
    Yeah I spent many hours trying to work out the msBuild stuff, if you still get drama ill give you access to my repo and and you can compare code.
    Thx GrayWalker,

The offer is very nice but as I responded to Oldngray, I think the issue is PC related not code but who knows I have been wrong on many things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast