Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Return Of Scott M C4D :)

Well, this place has certainly had a lot of pleasant and stylish changes since I was last here on a regular basis, which I think is something like 4 or 5 years now. However, for many years I've still been connected with the original founder of 3D Buzz, Jason Busby vie facebook along with a few of his beautiful models who help in the photography department

There is probably a lot of new people who don't know who I am but I'm sure there is still a few kicking around that do.

My life has been kinda interesting, highlights including working within the music industry sound monitoring at events such as Fatboyslims Amex Stadium event near Brighton in 2012 which was pretty amazing with the likes of Carl Cox and other DJ's, along with Manchester's Parklife Festival ( UK) in 2013 with 65'000 people to try and get through. Basically my job was to ensure sound engineers kept within sound regulations.

My old 3dbuzz blog.

I think at the time since being here I felt things were transitioning, my old multimedia blog I had here got set a light and burned into ashes, I did manage to salvage some of it and some of it managed to be rebuilt in my blog from the link which is still below in my sig. Management of the new blog proved to be frustrating, particularly in the formatting of it, so I moved on, really after I found spam advertising intruding onto it.

From there on I really just moved onto forums, the Propellerheads one where I was very active in my graphic design projects over the course of 3 years, but also additionally my music productions which are on soundcloud and soundclick which I'll post in a bit.

Interface Development

As I've a passion for interface development having both studied it, opportunities to find a motivator to get into it opened a few years back, and within 'music/fx instrument design'.

This came with the inclusion of Propellerheads's Reason's 'Rack Extensions' which provided a catalyst to improve my own graphic design skills in this area and show my skills and alternative approaches which would aid developers of these rack extensions ( basically they're like VST instruments but more limited due to SDK and Reason's rack limitations).

Anyways as it was one of my passions/hobby's , I did this for free, however there was some VST developers that did embrace my idea's to improve their products, in fact Rob Papen a well know for his VST instrument Predator was one of the big names who did. There were many other projects I did with RE redesign's occasionally as they inspired me to create new improved versions.

Rob Papen's Rack Extension 'Re-visulisation Project'

Early version.

Redesign on the left, original on the right.

Final current versions.

Community reactions.

My creations provoked both positive reactions and negative reactions as far as mocking and belittling what I was doing, fuelled by both, jealously of my abilities and ways in which I made originals look inferior or different in such as away that could not be adapted due to end user restrictions. It was something I learned to expect and except from the community and using both constructive feedback and negative reactions to both motivate and identify area's or aspects that I needed to look at and improve on, I filtered out what I wanted to know and didn't rebel or lash out. I just came back with a new improved version

My projects 10+ over on the Propellerheads forums attracted a lot of attention with over 2000 to 4000+ views many of which superseded the original view count of the actual RE device.

However, I didn't just take an existing designs and change them, I actually designed my own GUI's in both 2D & 3D form in both Photoshop and Cinema 4D 11.5 XL, some of which still hasn't been made public on the forums. As with my redesign work, my own work also came in for criticism, but more for the reason that's that they didn't like the early concept colours or didn't understand the gui / device.

Reaktor
    My design work has since expanded into fully functioning instruments using Native Instruments Reaktor 5.89 which I only really began getting into the guts of back in March of this year. This is software that allows you to build your own synthesizers, and effects and create your own gui's. It's macro based but can go even lower to the core components.

Earlier than current version.

Music Applications

I've since moved to a new daw called Presonus Studio One 3, it's there where I can really make use of these Reaktor ensemble instruments as VST one's I make too, rather than just be held in the host program.

My own music has moved more into film production style, so this program is really good for that as it also includes a video window.

Anyways, it's along first post, more to come later..pictures and also music.

Last edited by Scott M C4D; 06-26-2015 at 12:13 PM.
    Scott Moncrieff: Graduate: HND Interactive Multimedia Creation
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Just a quick question, where is everyone hiding on this site ? There's apparently 120 people viewing atm.
    Maxon Cinema 4D R11.5 XL + Mograph 2 + Hair |Adobe Production Studio/Photoshop CS6

Greetings! Fairly old member myself although I was never active on the forums. Ignore my join date, I had to recreate an account after I lost my original details when I hadn't logged in for a few years.

I'm honestly not sure where the community is at now days. I keep up to date with Jason Busby on facebook and it's been very interesting to see him develop into a professional photographer! I think like him a lot of people have moved on which is a shame, this used to be such a lively place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevn View Post
    Greetings! Fairly old member myself although I was never active on the forums. Ignore my join date, I had to recreate an account after I lost my original details when I hadn't logged in for a few years.

I'm honestly not sure where the community is at now days. I keep up to date with Jason Busby on facebook and it's been very interesting to see him develop into a professional photographer! I think like him a lot of people have moved on which is a shame, this used to be such a lively place.
    Hi Sevn, yeah I don't remember you though, I vaguely remember a similar name hovering down in the foot of the website I think though. I've had a few issue's with my logging in on 3dbuzz before, I even had a member post a thread about it so Angela could resend my login details so I could .

For me 3Dbuzz was for a long time, I nice home, I had many good people help me out through tough times relating to health/work issues 12 years ago, the community was very active back then.

I even won one of the photography competitions which I think was back in 2009, here's the photo I took.

As for my music I mentioned yesterday, here's the links, soundcloud contails 13 tracks and my soundclick contains 16 tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrie...to-beyond-fear

http://members.soundclick.com/the+intrancer

Hey Scott,

Awesome of you to stop by and share what you've been up to. I find the designs as well as your music scores to be very inspirational! Hope you'll stop by often and share what you're working on!

Whats brought you back exactly? At the moment I'm going through all of the VTMs, just finished the Maya Fundamentals series and rendering out the final project.

Quote Originally Posted by sjc2112 View Post
    Hey Scott,

Awesome of you to stop by and share what you've been up to. I find the designs as well as your music scores to be very inspirational! Hope you'll stop by often and share what you're working on!
    Thanks, the few images I posted are only the tip of an ice berg in terms of the projects I've been working on although these have been pretty big one's. There is another big another one I'll post tomorrow which I have created entirely in photoshop, however I may leave that for another section of the forum and move what I have here there instead. Music is a big thing in my life having been actively producing it for a long time now, my blog covers much of that, but thanks all the same, there is like 29 tracks to hear...I use to have over 50 on another site before it closed many years ago. I've just bought Studio One 3 Professional today, there is like 30 gigs' of content, alot of hours being on standard ADSL lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Sevn View Post
    Whats brought you back exactly? At the moment I'm going through all of the VTMs, just finished the Maya Fundamentals series and rendering out the final project.
    I guess, it's like going full circle, but I think the reason is that I've always found this place to be like a big house, a house where people are able to understand one another and provide constructive feedback in a visually creative environment. Some communities just can't handle strong and highly creative / motivated individuals. This place as I remember it embraced creative people with a focus on learning, and community interaction which was fun, and users respected one another and having been here from the beginning it feels like coming home. I've not seen all the content such as VTM's, if there's any it's only gonna be the free one's I'll check out, I have no income atm. I use Cinema 4D so not sure if there is much of that although some area's are cross compatible. I guess for now, I'll be here posting updates to my projects I'm doing, for users to follow and comment on, I'm always learning and GUI design is strangely just something I've a big passion for, kinda like a drug addiction One day I'll hopefully get a job out of it or even additionally print 3D my designs.

Welcome back Scott! It looks like you've been extremely busy.
    Angela Busby
    Email: angela@3dbuzz.com
    PM (Private Message): Angela
    Need help with store orders, please PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Welcome back Scott! It looks like you've been extremely busy.

Hiya Angela, nice to see you post it's been a while , hope Jason and the Busby family are doing ok, and things have settled down after what will have been a hard year for you all with the recent loss.

It's great that this place is still up and running after so many years, it would be nice to see more of the old regulars come back though, it's kind a like returning to a city where everything has changed and a lot of people you once knew have moved away. Maybe they need an incentive, throw out some emails and see if we can restore some of what was great before and perhaps even get a TeamSpeak server up an running so users can talk and bring the community together. I've been using TeamSpeak for the past few years for gaming online for gaming on Battlefield 3. We use to have IRC radio chat here so maybe this would be a way to re-ignite the site to bring old/new members with using teamspeak.

As for me, yeah I've been really busy with CGI project stuff, I've probably done more with photoshop though, doing complex Gui stuff in 3D applications is very different from 2D as I'm sure you'll know, a who different set of processes and disciplines. I plan up updating the projects above also which will be fun although will take a bit of time to figure out my object structure's initially.
    Last edited by Scott M C4D; 06-26-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast