Importing .dwg, .SAT or .stp

Hey I have been given some audo cad drawing in the following formats: .dwg, .SAT and .stp

I want to import one of them into maya as preferably Polly model or even nurbs would be fine.

Is this going to be possible with any of these formats?

if you can export the AutoCAD file as a .dxf (Drawing Cross Files) but you have to Select the lines and points in an order
    and then export it... Maya will be able to open it as Splines, or try the format of .stl
    Dwg (drawing files) are really native to the AutoCAD program or Inventor.

Do you have the directConnect plugin loaded, I'm sure I've used it to import .stp before?
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

I'll stand to be corrected? aren't .dwg files just Blueprint files; 2D and not 3D?
    I've not really played with the .stp plugin.

I think you're right about .dwg (happy to be corrected too as I don't have much dealings with CAD). I've been given .stp files in the past and they've imported as NURBs patches.
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

I know a .dwg file (spread-sheets-info) is used in AutoCAD and are usually as 2D Blueprint variety drawings,
    and .dxf holds the 3D information; as .stl imports nicely as 3D vectors into Maya.
    I am intrigued about the .stp format and what information it holds as it's imported and exported.