Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am still checking the forums every day for new posts and updates. Needless to say, your post got me super excited to see this topic on the recent forum posts list. Haha oh well. Hopefully we get more content soon. I feel like we are in such a state with service based software right now with everything moving to horizontal elasticity and actor frameworks to handle crazy scale and load that it will be a constant state of framework development.

I too would like to get the basic systems working on the framework side and show how to correctly extend the framework to best leverage it instead of doing too much more development on it. Then get into basic game based server/client interactions so that we can start to see how an easily extendable framework and a game can grow together with simple systems being developed.

Here is to hoping that there is more content soon.

well, if you ask me, i would prefer to see the base being developed then move fast toward more game related stuff and come back to the base stuff and expand it as the system grow and needs come, for example, if we look at lee's system, he starts by mesh generation at run time, then he leaves that part and goes for random number generation, then to sculpting then psudo multi threading, then back to mesh generation and then binding them all together. provided what was the final result was not what they spoke about at the start of series, but keeping in mind that the videos were all R&D it was totally acceptable. I would say, the same way of developing this new series would be more interesting. also, i followed peter at burgzerg arcade for quit few years and i should say that i learned a lot from him. the way he was developing hack and slash was interesting because he would go from one section of the game development to another section and you could learn a lot regarding different aspects of the game development not only how a server and client should talk to each other (side note, with new network system on unity, now nelson would want to sit and think and no new video would come out for another 6 month and then a blog post saying that "Hey i was trying to work with and around the new network system in unity and guess what, MMO WILL continue !") !!!
    so, long story short, as an old member of 3d buzz, a person that learned almost 60% of his base knowledge and even semi advanced stuff from this resource and great place, it makes me sad when i see what is happening now.
    mobile app development? ok, cool, great, but lets not forget that at least 60% of old and main and active members of this website came here to learn maya, max, zbrush, then motion builder, then unreal tool kit, then unity. what would you expect from such a community? would you think they will just sit and watch mobile app developments because that is the only thing being released now? even when you look back to the 101 classes for c# or XNA or any other part of the website, you see that they were almost aimed for game development. just look at the list on the top menu and look into each topic, you would see what i mean, i would say, nelson needs to sit back and kick his legs on the desk and drink a coffee while he is thinking about this simple question : Who are my audience !? What is their goal and what should i aim for them !
    If you want to learn something, start teaching about it to others, nothing will help you more than that !

The first line of business is actually going to be correcting an oversight that I had with the code generation. I'm wanting to make sure that I get it right this time, so I've been researching different ways to fix it. The solution that I'm currently going forward with in my testing is using the Roslyn parser (the new C# compiler written in C#) to parse out the files instead of loading them up into the AppDomain after BuzzMMO.Base is compiled and doing an assembly scan for types. This will let us get rid of the "BuzzMMO.Base.Generated" project and let us do code generation in the same project as the code is being generated from - which will also fix the issues with testing.

Although it won't be next, I'm also starting to think of how we can put together the serialization engine. With our code generation this should be pretty straight forward to create a serializer that's literally as efficient as it possibly can be.

Then after that, we're going to start building up our region servers so we can actually walk around in the world
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

Great news Nelson, your a legend

Thanks for the heads up Nelson. Can't wait!!

I started following MMO series two months ago and now i almost finished the random number generator section. personally made some adjustments for Unity5 and didn't stuck in any point for now. this series of videos are very helpful and i intend to finish it. Just wanted to thank you guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12