Zak Parrish returns to 3DBuzz for new video series.

As awesome as that would be, Happy April Fools Day.

I know. Sorry. SORRY!
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

Cruel and unusual punishment that's what that is!

Why would you do this? I know the why .... but why?
    My eyes lighted up and even considered whether I should buy member sponsorship today.

It was a good April fools gag. Wish it wasn't just a gag but life goes on.

In other news Zak's birthday is coming soon. @April.

Yes, it felt slimy as I was doing it. :P But his old stuff is still available and still very useful. And now that Unreal is free for noncommercial use at Epic, we can enjoy learning it with Zak's videos.

And who knows? Maybe someday...

Edit: And there's still some good stuff around here to entice member sponsorship. When that Blender series gets further along, I'll probably join up for a while at least.
    Last edited by pellea72; 04-01-2015 at 09:47 PM.

And now that Unreal is free for noncommercial use at Epic, we can enjoy learning it with Zak's videos.
    Congrats to him and, in a way, we -those who learn/practice in one timeframe or another- are lucky to have someone as him still teaching. Even if in another place.

I liked the ( recently seldom - in last years ) posts done by Zak. As a non-English person I enjoyed reading proper English wording and his act for, well, wordplay. This is also vibrantly transmitted in an oral manner and you get the sense that he has sparring sessions with written stories in his spare time. Plus, the knack for imparting knowledge whilst doing this is stunning to observe.

And there's still some good stuff around here to entice member sponsorship.
    I find the word entice misplaced(?). I am also making mistakes in my text. Was more curios of whether is correctly placed in the manner that you did
    Plus I liked your use of slimy in text and context.
    Last edited by florem; 04-02-2015 at 05:26 PM. Reason: typo edits

"And there's still some good stuff around here to entice member sponsorship."
    "I find the word entice misplaced(?). I am also making mistakes in my text. Was more curios of whether is correctly placed in the manner that you did"

Well, if you are trying to improve your English, it would be something more like, "... to entice people to sign up for member sponsorship." But as short hand it is more or less correct, as one can assume the listener or reader, in this case, would fill in the blanks with sufficient enough ease.

But yes if you read it as it is now and think of it in a strictly literal sense, it would actually mean that the concept of member sponsorship would be enticed by all the good stuff to be found here.

I suppose "encourage" would have been more correct. You entice a person, and you encourage a behavior.

It would be the same if you just traded out that word. It was the lack of, "... people to..." that was the issue, such as it was. A very small issue, but if you are trying to improve your grammar, it is an important one. Otherwise you are just trying to make member sponsorship feel encouraged.

It brakes down like this. The sentence again is "And there's still some good stuff around here to entice member sponsorship." What is the verb? What is the action word? It is entice. What or who are you enticing? In this case you would be enticing member sponsorship, because of how the sentence was constructed. What then does it mean to have the concept of member sponsorship be enticed, or in the other example, to have it be encouraged? It means nothing, as that concept can not feel things or have it's own thoughts and or desires.

However, you can entice, and or encourage "people." So, "good stuff around here that might entice people," into doing something is a thing that can actually happen, because people can feel and think and desire to do things. Sense you left out the noun that would somehow relate the topic to what behavior could be expected by a human, your verb then attached its self to the words "member sponsorship."

It would be like if you were trying to say, "I, who have signed up for member sponsorship, will go to the store now." Now it is kind of an odd way to talk, because it is putting forth more info than we probably need to understand that they are simple going to the store, and the fact that they are a member sponsor is not relevant to "store going", but for the sake of being an example I trust we can just all agree to let it slide. The important thing about that sentence is that is it correct. Now, what if we should take out the "I, who have signed up for" part and instead just say, "Member sponsorship, will go to the store? Can the concept of member sponsorship really go shopping?

That is basically what was done when Pellea72 wrote that earlier sentence. It is just missing the correct noun. We may not all recognize that right way, because we know what Pellea was talking about, so we just fill in the subject noun of that sentence, which is people. Because we know that the concept of member sponsorship can not do any such thing, we are not confused by the statement. It is a short hand, and very common for people to use when speaking. I guess because it is faster, and because when it is obvious, such as in this case, it might feel almost redundant to "spell out" for people what they already would know that you meant.

People are also much more critical of the written word over speech, as far as having greater expectations of it being correct grammar. They have greater expectations of an email or in a forum post than they do in say an IM. If that IM is a text message from a cell phone they have even less expectations for correct grammar than they do for speech.

@Wolfknightly
    Well, if you are trying to improve your English, it would be something more like
    Thank you for breaking it down. It helped clear up / confirm some things.

If it was a mistake that didn't confuse me, I wouldn't have mentioned it. Takes too much time