Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Photography Contest XLII: Out of this World

The theme is "Out of this World"

As described by our last winner mmakrzem:
    Take a photo of something that looks like it is not from this world. For example a photo of the night sky made to look like you are flying in the Millennium Falcon, the rising moon over the backdrop of a sandy beach which could look like mars, maybe you can take a macro shot of plants or animals that looks like alien life. Sci-fi toys are great for this sort of thing, have a look at Avanaut’s flickr page for inspiration: https://www.flickr.com/photos/avanaut Maybe recreate a scene from a famous Sci-fi movie, be creative and have fun!

The Deadline is 7th May 23:59 GTM+1

For those of you wondering when that'll be in your local timezone, just go here: http://wwp.centraleuropeantime.com/

What are the rules?

No photoshopping allowed, besides cropping and changing a picture to B&W or Sepia, and making panoramas.
    Post production editing is allowed. The editing done should be global, such as contrast, brightness, or overal tonal balancing (i.e. no sponge/dodge/burn, no brushes, vignetting, etc). Filters are prohibited. Any global editing should be used only to enhance the features that were captured in the shot to begin with. The only exception is converting to B&W or sepia.

Tell us what you did, unless it's staring us right in the face, in which case you probably shouldn't have done it ^^

If you want to, feel free to share your settings and how you arrived at your final photo.

What equipment do I need?

Well, as long as it can capture light and produce an image you can share with others, be it a analog camera, digital camera or maybe a cellphone camera, you are good to go.

How do we submit the pictures?

By posting them here in this thread. To make things easier for all of us, the kind and superior being that is mr_charisma has supplied a 3dbuzz photo contest script that magically makes your images 3dbuzz-forum-friendly! I suggest using that, but you are of course free to choose any imagehost you like!

For those that intend to use the magic that mr_charisma conjured, the link is http://www.20papercups.net/image_upload

If there are any questions, just ask here.

Now let the photography commence!
    Last edited by Ray(); 05-01-2015 at 06:45 AM.
    Mind Duck Games check out our game prototypes ;.)

So how is it going? Anybody's got an interesting idea for a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray() View Post
    So how is it going? Anybody's got an interesting idea for a picture?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	74459  

Interesting picture Thanks for participating.

Since this is the only entry I'm extending the deadline 1 week.

I will help keep it alive.
    I went to watch Avengers in Seattle's huge Boeing Imax, so after I took this shot of the EMP museum with the monorail going through it. It was the best angle I could get. The whole building on its own would fit this contest.

elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Out of this world

I came across a pic of mine that I thought would be kind of interesting for this contest. It's a night shot of a volcano in Hawaii.

Angela Busby
    Email: angela@3dbuzz.com
    PM (Private Message): Angela
    Need help with store orders, please PM me!

On trainup in McGreggor, before I deployed to Iraq in '05. The lightning was flashing so often i could get an old fashioned 25mm focused in enough to catch a lightning strike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	74460

@Ray - You could have closed the contest and declared me the winner . Make it up by participating

In seriousness, great submissions all around and there is still time -for anyone- so do place your spin on the contest's thematic.

OOOOoooo! I love the Volcano pic. How close were you to it when you took it??

Thanks imlladris! I was around 500 yards away when I took it.
    Angela Busby
    Email: angela@3dbuzz.com
    PM (Private Message): Angela
    Need help with store orders, please PM me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast