Graduate role C++ test

I have applied for a graduate position for a software developer role and passed the telephone interview so I've been invited for a face to face interview, from the company website they use mostly C++ to develop software for underwater vehicles, the HR girl said that there would be a short test during this but when I asked what the test might entail she said she couldn't say other than it was a technical test.

There could be a multitude of things they could ask, so has anyone been through this process any advice what I should study up to give me fighting chance, the interview is on the 31st of this month so I've just over a week and a bit to prepare.

Thanks for the links Florem

Heeey my interview post was linked XD!!

Good luck blacklisted!! Let me know if you need any help. If you'd like me to review some of the code you've written, I can do that as well! Definitely have a look at the conversation that I had with ComicSansMS, I was in the exact same shoes as you when I was frantically trying to study for a C++ interview. I manged to pass the coding test and the in person coding test after a week of studying hardcore so its definitely possible!!

The best way for you to link a full set of code (not just snippets) is to use git gists. Its simple, you copy your code in the box, click "create secret gist", and just post the link here

Oh!! One very important thing, everything you're thinking when you're doing the test, say out loud!! They know that you're just out of college so knowing all of the industry standard ways to do things, or even getting everything 100% correct is not very important to them. What is important to them is your thought process and how you came up with your answers! So make sure and be vocal about your thought process.

Thanks frostbye I did the read your post and found it very helpful. The interview went ok I guess, there wasn't any technical test but instead there was an exam, it covered agile software life cycles and code snippets where I had to either find the errors in the code or explain what the code was doing there where a few basic questions also like explain polymorphism. I do wish the HR girl would have been more specific so i would have been better prepared. After the exam there was an interview with three people the IT Director and two of the development team. They said there will be a technical test if I'm successful to proceed to the next round of interviews. so finger crossed

Sounds like it went well! That's awesome