Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deploying Launcher with MSDeploy

Ok after switching from IIS Express to IIS Manager I now get the following error.

C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src>msbuild MMOBuild.proj /teployLauncher /peployToken="YES I did put Token"

CoreCompile:
    Skipping target "CoreCompile" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
    CopyFilesToOutputDirectory:
    MMO.Build.Tasks -> C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMO.Build.Task s\bin\Debug\MMO.Build.Tasks.dll
    Done Building Project "C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMO.Build.Tas ks\MMO.Build.Tasks.csproj" (default targets).

Done Building Project "C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMO.sln" (default targets).

DeployLauncher:
    Creating zip file "../Build/Launcher/Launcher.zip".
    added "MMO.Launcher.exe".
    added "MMO.Launcher.exe.config".
    added "MMO.Base.dll".
    Created zip file "../Build/Launcher/Launcher.zip" successfully.
    C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMOBuild.proj( 58,5): error: Error uploading file: InternalServerError, System.Net.Http.StreamContent
    Done Building Project "C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMOBuild.proj " (DeployLauncher target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMOBuild.proj " (DeployLauncher target) (1) ->
    (DeployLauncher target) ->
    C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMOBuild.proj( 58,5): error : Error uploading file: InternalServerError, System.Net.Http.StreamContent

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)
    The only way to fail is to give up or die...

Quote Originally Posted by Matroblend View Post
    Ok after switching from IIS Express to IIS Manager I now get the following error.

C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src>msbuild MMOBuild.proj /teployLauncher /peployToken="YES I did put Token"

CoreCompile:
    Skipping target "CoreCompile" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
    CopyFilesToOutputDirectory:
    MMO.Build.Tasks -> C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMO.Build.Task s\bin\Debug\MMO.Build.Tasks.dll
    Done Building Project "C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMO.Build.Tas ks\MMO.Build.Tasks.csproj" (default targets).

Done Building Project "C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMO.sln" (default targets).

DeployLauncher:
    Creating zip file "../Build/Launcher/Launcher.zip".
    added "MMO.Launcher.exe".
    added "MMO.Launcher.exe.config".
    added "MMO.Base.dll".
    Created zip file "../Build/Launcher/Launcher.zip" successfully.
    C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMOBuild.proj( 58,5): error: Error uploading file: InternalServerError, System.Net.Http.StreamContent
    Done Building Project "C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMOBuild.proj " (DeployLauncher target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMOBuild.proj " (DeployLauncher target) (1) ->
    (DeployLauncher target) ->
    C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMOBuild.proj( 58,5): error : Error uploading file: InternalServerError, System.Net.Http.StreamContent

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)
    Hm, could you use postman (or fiddler) to see what happens when you hit the API endpoint to get the contents of the error?
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

Here is some more info.

Postman
    http://mmo.mygame.dev/api/v1/launchers/latest
    Status 200 Ok
    {"Version":{"Version":1,"Timestamp":1425239506},"D ownloadUrl":"http://mmo.mygame.dev/download/14"}

Hit Download Launcher Button
    http://mmo.mygame.dev/download/14

Returns HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
    Detailed Error Information:
    Module ManagedPipelineHandler
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler
    Error Code 0x00000000
    Requested URL http://mmo.mygame.dev:80/download/14
    Physical Path C:\Users\Documents\MMO_Codebase\src\MMO.Web\downlo ad\14
    Logon Method Forms
    Logon User admin

Database
    Id Version Timestamp UploadedAt Type FileSizeInBytes OrignalFileName
    14 1 1425239506 2015-03-01 19:51:56 0 8267 Launcher.zip
    Last edited by Matroblend; 03-03-2015 at 10:31 AM.

So it does properly upload the file?

I was looking at this
    Code:
    In the error log in your build script. Which would be during the upload itself. So it does the upload, then errors?
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

Yes it does upload to the database and then errors.

Can you launch your site in debug mode (F5, and make sure the site is selected as the default project), then set a breakpoint on the action, and then step though the method? You should be able to see where exactly the error is happening.

Thanks for replying, debuging is very new to me so what file am I setting the breakpoint on?

The file that contains the action that is being invoked by the deploy script (so one of your controllers in the web project). So in this case, set a breakpoint on the first line of the launcher upload action. Then, use F10 (step over) or F11 (step into) to step along the execution of that method and watch to see where the error comes up.

So the basic process is:
    - set a breakpoint on the line of code you want to debug
    - launch the web api in debug mode (F5)
    - run the deploy script
    - assuming you put the breakpoint on the right file and your debugging stuff is all setup correctly, Visual Studio will now "break" into that line you specified, pausing execution of the program and allowing you to inspect variables
    - now use F10 or F11 to step though your program, waiting for an exception to happen
    - when the exception does happen, you'll now know what the error is, what line it happened on, and what the rest of the variables looked like at that moment in time

Getting that info would be the next step for resolving this

Here is what I got from the debug so far.

The VS Just-In-Time Debugger
    An unhandled win32 exception occurred in w3wp.exe[8760]
    Process Name:w3wp.exe
    User Name:IIS APPPOOL\mmo.crux.dev[Elevated]

The error happened as I stepped out of the MultipartDataProvider.cs

Code:
            public override Stream GetStream(HttpContent parent, HttpContentHeaders headers)
            {
                if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(headers.ContentDisposition.FileName))
                    return new MemoryStream();

var fileStream = _fileStreamFactory(headers.ContentDisposition.Name.TrimDoubleQuotes());
                if (fileStream != null)
                    return fileStream;

_operationsErrors.Add(string.Format("File {0} is not supported", headers.ContentDisposition.Name));
            }

Here is what I got from the debug so far.

The VS Just-In-Time Debugger
    An unhandled win32 exception occurred in w3wp.exe[8760]
    Process Name:w3wp.exe
    User Name:IIS APPPOOL\mmo.crux.dev[Elevated]

The error happened as I stepped out of the MultipartDataProvider.cs

Code:
            public override Stream GetStream(HttpContent parent, HttpContentHeaders headers)
            {
                if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(headers.ContentDisposition.FileName))

var fileStream = _fileStreamFactory(headers.ContentDisposition.Name.TrimDoubleQuotes());
                if (fileStream != null)
                    return fileStream;

_operationsErrors.Add(string.Format("File {0} is not supported", headers.ContentDisposition.Name));
            }

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast