Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Smile Merry Christmas from Jason Busby

Greetings everyone,

I know that it has been a long time since I was last here at 3D Buzz, but I wanted to take a moment to stop by and wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

As we move through life, things change, people change, we change... When I first started 3D Buzz, I never intended to get rich (God knows I almost bankrupted my family freely mailing out CDs and DVDs to people all over the world), nor did I ever intend to create a massive empire of a business. I always said "I'm not a business man!" My goals were simple... I wanted to create the best possible training that I could and to provide it freely to people that were not able to afford such things. I made this very clear from the beginning.

My goals really were simple. I never expected to grow so fast... It wasn't long before we were too large for me to personally afford mailing CDs/DVDs to everyone so we began offering free downloads, and when I was no longer able to cover server and bandwidth bills we started selling cheap products and member sponsorship to help cover those costs and the costs of a few fine people to help create the training. It was a bit overwhelming, especially since I was working a full time job as the Director of Animation at The Renaissance Center. But I did not let my job slow me down, I poured my heart and soul into 3D Buzz. I wanted to do whatever I could to help people achieve their professional goals.

It's been nearly 15 years since 3D Buzz first started. As time past, many places began offering quality training and it became easier and easier for people with low incomes to obtain it. My answer was never to compete, instead we always shifted our attention to areas/topics that were not being covered. This lead us into programming, game design, etc. While not everyone agreed on our directions, we were still accomplishing my goals - helping people. I look back at how many people we've helped to become professional 3D Animators, Programmers, Game Designers, etc. No matter what anyone ever says, I will always be proud to have played some part in shaping those people's futures. I am also proud of the incredible friendships that have formed thanks to 3D Buzz and its forums and chat room. We've touched so many people's lives over the years.

But as I said above: as we move through life, we change. I changed. I moved away from teaching and into doing what I wanted to do: photography. I found myself deeply fascinated with everything about it, especially the artistic side. Over the past two years I have become deeply devoted to the profession. I've been published dozens of times and the demand for me to photograph people continues to grow daily. And as of lately, I find myself more and more interested in filmmaking... at the end of the day, it's still pictures... 24 of them every passing second. I cannot wait to see where my future goes as I begin working more and more with video and continue to refine my style as a photographer.

I hope that every last one of you will continue to follow your dreams. Work hard, stay motivated, focused and determined and you can make your dreams a reality.

Once again, Merry Christmas! Please be safe today!! I hope to see you around!

Much love,

Jason Busby

And to you, sir. And while you were pursuing your dream, your efforts provided inspiration and entertainment, as well as a great place to hang out with and learn from like-minded folks.
    "I don't WANT to pet the chicken."

3Dbuzz is the best place for training ever .

Thank you dearly, pellea72. Hearing that means an awful lot to me. It's nice to know that the efforts that went into 3D Buzz provided inspiration and good times to at least some people out there. And thank you, hareega! I know that we could be long winded from time to time, but it was always important to me to make sure that I taught everything I knew. Once again, Merry Christmas guys!

Merry Christmas to you too and Buzz crew!
    Put the stuff in the stuff n stuff.
    I drive the "There's a radio in my fingernail...CAR!"
    What page of The List are you on?
    I have been confuzzled!
    There is something there! Yes, but we don't know what that something is.
    Oooh! Look at my pretty desktop. I dont' care what you think, I think it's pretty.
    I want Zak's hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <Something> Darn it captain! I'm a Maya user, not a doctor.
    I eat at Taco McBurger in the Box!
    Cardboard Box Transforme Time!

Thank you, Something! I hope you've had an amazing day!

Hi Jason,
    It was good to here from you, as you said it's been a while. Please know that you are missed around here on 3DBuzz, but good luck with your future pursuits. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

My very best wishes to you and your family.

Phd.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody.

@busbyj

Without a doubt the thing I enjoy the most is seeing “thank you” messages from 3D Buzz members who just landed a job at a studio, acknowledging 3D Buzz as being a key factor in making it happen. It's happened a lot over the years, and each time it does it renews that feeling that makes it all worthwhile.
    referenced quote from this article.

Thank you very much.

Thanks a lot, Busby!

The XNA/C# 101 DVD series changed my life. It was a great intro to programming and game design, and to this day I don't know where I'd ended if I didn't start learning programming together with you guys
    My game portfolio: http://gustavdahl.net/

phd, it's been a long time, my friend! I hope you and your family have all been doing well. Thank you! Florem, thank you good sir! Again, it always warms my heart to know that we've helped someone achieve professional goals!! You are very welcome, and Thank You!! Wikzo, thank you so much for sharing that with me. It's especially awesome knowing that we've helped change someone's life!!! Thank you!

New Years is coming up... please be safe!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast