Thread: Team City

Team City

I am having a few issues with Team City when I make the VCS root I am using Mercurial enter my pull changes from

ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/project_myproject/mymmo
    remove the hg@
    ssh://bitbucket.org/project_myproject/mymmo set the HG command path hg.

Edit Mercurial.ini and add lines

ssh="C:\Program Files\TortoiseHg TortoisePlink.exe" -ssh -2
    -i "C:\Users\TeamCity\.ssh key.ppk

And I do get a connection.

But then I move on to Build step for Build and Test and that is ok but then I get connection failed when I try to do the Build.
    And in the error log it shows

weird as I removed the hg@ section.
    The only way to fail is to give up or die...

Quote Originally Posted by Matroblend View Post
    I am having a few issues with Team City when I make the VCS root I am using Mercurial enter my pull changes from

remove the hg@
    ssh://bitbucket.org/project_myproject/mymmo set the HG command path hg.

Edit Mercurial.ini and add lines

ssh="C:\Program Files\TortoiseHg TortoisePlink.exe" -ssh -2
    -i "C:\Users\TeamCity\.ssh key.ppk

And I do get a connection.

But then I move on to Build step for Build and Test and that is ok but then I get connection failed when I try to do the Build.
    And in the error log it shows

weird as I removed the hg@ section.
    That's odd. Maybe there's a bug in TeamCity and it doesn't want to update your VC root settings? Maybe try going to

Agents -> (select the only active agent) -> Clean Sources on this Agent (blue link at the lower left of the screen)

If that doesn't work, I suppose you can delete the VC root and add it back in again.
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

Thanks Nelson for responding, I did try what you asked but to no avail.
    So my next question is how hard would it be to switch to git?
    And on another note what do you think about Amazon EC2?

Quote Originally Posted by Matroblend View Post
    Thanks Nelson for responding, I did try what you asked but to no avail.
    So my next question is how hard would it be to switch to git?
    And on another note what do you think about Amazon EC2?
    I haven't played a lot with EC2, since 3DBuzz's dedicated servers have done well enough for me. If you do play with it, I'd be interested in what you think. There is a free tier, but I'm unsure how much practical use you'd be able to get out of it.

For switching to GIT, it would be pretty straightforward. You would really only have to create a new GIT repository, then move in the files that you've created from your HG repository. At that point, just "git add/git commit" them into the repository. Then, you'd use a hosting provider such as BitBucket, and add the resulting repo URL to your "origin" remote. Assuming you're using SourceTree or similar, you could do that all in the GUI. Once you "connect" your local repo to the remote repository, you simply do a push and everything will just work.

There is a tool that can be used to preserve your commit history, however. It's located here:
    https://github.com/frej/fast-export

Since it's written in Python, it should work just as well on Windows. You may need to add the Mercurial Python package though, since it seems to depend on it, and I don't think that's built into the stock Python distribution.
    Need any help? Feel free to PM me - or send an email directly to nelson@3dbuzz.com!

Thanks for the reply.

On EC2 I think that is the way I am going to go, so I will keep you updated as I get grip on how I plan it out.

As for GIT, I am not too worried about the commit history we have not done so much as to need it I think.